The Jobs for Youth Al Teglia Scholarship helps motivated young people make their dreams of higher education a reality.
About the Program
The Jobs for Youth Al Teglia Scholarship program provides 20 youth with $1,500 each. Scholars are selected for financial and personal need, and all Scholars demonstrate a clear desire to succeed. The program is open to Jobs for Youth Members age 16-21 who reside in San Mateo County. Applicants must be at least a junior in high school.
The Al Teglia Scholarship program can help you on your journey toward earning an Associate degree, Bachelor’s degree, or vocational training certificate. Our goal is to help you enroll in your next semester of classes and to increase your likelihood of graduating. We believe in you! Apply today and let us be part of your success story.
You qualify for the scholarship if you:
- are a San Mateo County resident
- are between 16 and 21 years old
- are at least a current junior in high school
- have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- have attended a Jobs for Youth workshop and have registered as a Member*
- have never received the scholarship before or have only received the scholarship once
*If you have not yet attended a Jobs for Youth workshop and registered as a Member, email us at email@example.com for upcoming workshop dates.
As a Jobs for Youth Scholar, you will receive $1,500 to use toward your college education or vocational training program. You will also be honored at our annual Scholarship Fundraising Breakfast in May, and you will be featured on our website and in our other communications! Winners will be notified in March and will be able to receive their awards starting in May.
You can apply for and receive the Scholarship twice—so if you are a former Scholar and still meet the requirements, we encourage you to apply again.
If you are selected for a Jobs for Youth Scholarship, you must:
- Attend the 2020 Annual Breakfast Fundraiser in Foster City on May 21, 2020.
- Only use the Scholarship money for ” tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution, or for fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at the educational institution” as per IRS tax-free scholarship requirements.
- Submit a completed W-9.
- Provide Jobs for Youth with updates on your progress when you receive your scholarship money.
Please read all of the following information before you start your application. You will not be able to save your work and will need to complete the application in one sitting. We highly recommend preparing your essay answers before you begin.
Ensure that you have the following ready before starting your application:
Additionally, you may want to prepare your answers to the essay questions. You will need to answer each of the following questions in 150 words or less:
Once you have everything ready, you may submit your application here.
Instructions for Applicants
Ready to apply? Great! Follow all of the steps below:
- Read “How to Apply” above and make sure you have everything ready. You will need to complete the application all at once. You will not be able to exit and save your work.
- If you are not yet ready to begin, send this link to your 2 professional references so that they can get started: www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020ScholarshipRecs. Your references must submit their letters of recommendation by the deadline. You may not submit your own letter of recommendation. We will contact every reference to confirm that the recommendation came from them.
- Fill out your application by 11:59 pm on February 2:
Instructions for References
Are you a reference for an applicant? Awesome, thank you for supporting our youth! Follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have everything ready: your contact information, the applicant’s contact information, and your letter of recommendation (500 words or less). You will need to complete the reference form all at once. You will not be able to exit and save your work.
- Fill out your letter of recommendation by 11:59 pm on February 2:
2019 Scholar Spotlight
Watch this video to learn more about the fabulous youth we support. Just think—next year, this could be you!