Website Draeger's Market
Grocery Clerk – San Mateo
Draeger’s Supermarkets, Inc in San Mateo is seeking a Part-time Grocery Clerk/Checker immediately.
Draeger’s is a family owned grocery company that provides a distinctive selection at higher quality. We will train you for a career in the grocery business. We offer a fine blend of gourmet, international and natural foods, prepared foods/bakery products, meat, wine, catering, beverages and cookware products.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (includes the following but not limited to):
• Availability to work a variety of shifts including opening and closing. Provide excellent customer service.
• knowledge of the grocery department and products sold in the department, along with learning the location of products within the store
• The ability to lift cases of product and having the skills to stock and face the grocery shelves properly are required.
• The clerk must have knowledge of the cash register and its operation, along with cash handling skills.
• Knowledge of produce department items and learning proper produce codes are required.
• Sanitation duties as needed
• Reliable, punctual, and committed to customer service
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Possess excellent interpersonal skill and ability to communicate effectively with customers, other team members and leadership.
• Able to provide excellent customer service
• Able to work a variety of shifts primarily weekends and evenings, and holidays.
Benefits and Perks
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Dental Benefits through the Union
- Employee Discount 20%
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Signing Bonus – $250 bonus after 40 hours worked & up to $1,000 to be paid to those who work through December 31st (Exact amount is based upon actual hours worked.)
Draeger’s is a family owned grocery store that satisfies varied grocery needs of surrounding and far reaching neighborhoods. We hire the most knowledgeable and qualified personnel capable of consistently meeting our patron’s needs. We offer a fine blend of gourmet, international and natural foods, prepared foods/bakery products, meat, wine, catering, beverages, and cookware products.
Please email your resume to: careers@Draegers.com
Please – no telephone calls.
To apply for this job email your details to careers@Draegers.com