Full Job Description
BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. We are here to fulfill the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service. Rent, shoot, return – it’s as easy as that! Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.BorrowLenses is searching for a friendly Front Desk Specialist with strong videography knowledge and/or experience to join our growing team!
Our Front Desk Customer Service department interfaces directly with customers at our San Carlos, CA retail location and works closely with every department to handle each step of the customer’s rental experience. In addition, our Front Desk staff members will assist as-needed with customer inquiries via other channels such as email, phone, or live chat.
In addition to hands-on videography skills, this position requires the representative to have a strong customer service acumen, a lust for details, and strong verbal and written grammatical skills. Must be able to effectively assist customers with equipment recommendations and troubleshooting, communicate calmly when handling difficult situations, and have the ability to multitask 3 or more projects or tasks based on priority and need.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and general account issues
- Recommending appropriate gear based on the customer’s needs
- Preparing and returning orders for customers
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with customers
- Knowing all practices and policies of BorrowLenses
- May be required to work the Saturday shift at a future date
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong videography experience, Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Previous customer service / retail experience
- Knowledge and interest in videography
- Photography-related skills and gear knowledge is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work solo and within a group