Website Good Nite Inn
Full Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager/General Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Night Auditor is responsible for reconciling all hotel cashier transactions; reviewing, organizing, and compiling management reports on a timely basis, and ensuring the accuracy of guest billings and city ledger transactions. He/she is also responsible for effectively communicating concerns and/or related issues to all levels of management and performing guest service agent duties as required, including check-in, check-out, switchboard operation, and reservations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and pieces of training.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas, and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
- Perform guest services functions as required (i.e. check guests in/out, take reservations, wake-up calls, etc.).
- Audit and reconcile financial and statistical reports.
- Prepare and distribute necessary daily reports as required (i.e., Daily Operating Report, Guest reports, Tax Reports, etc.) according to hotel standards.
- Prepare and distribute month-end reports.
- Audit and reconcile all Front Desk and Food & Beverage Cashier’s work.
- Audit, reconcile, consolidate, and transmit all credit cards on a timely basis.
- Prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy of all numbers reported including statistics.
- Input and update financial information into the corporate communications network.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual data processing system functions as required.
- Keep management abreast of any unusual operational or financial events and/or deviations of policies or procedures.
- Handle guest requests and ensures overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field required.
- Guest Service Experience required.
- Computer knowledge/skills required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise, move objects.
- Late/Overnight shift.
- Must be available to work Holidays and weekend shifts
· Stand for extended stretches during work time.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location