Now accepting applications! Deadline: February 1, 2019
Our 2019 Scholarship is now open! Jobs for Youth Scholars receive $1500 for their vocational or higher education goals.
Who Can Apply:
The Jobs for Youth Al Teglia scholarship is available to all youth who:
- Are San Mateo County residents
- Have participated in a Jobs for Youth workshop*
- Are 16-21 years old
- Are at least a current junior in high school
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
How to Apply:
Submit application packet via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “JFY Scholarship Application” in the subject line.
Your application packet must include:
- Cover page with your name, phone number, address, birth date, school, graduation date, and email address.
- Typed essay – Must be a Word document, 12 pt. font, double-spaced, minimum 500 words and maximum 750 words that clearly addresses:
- A clear vocational or educational focus
- Hardships faced
- Need for financial assistance
- Accomplishments (school, employment, and/or volunteer awards)
- Planned use of scholarship
- Current school transcript to verify 2.0 or above GPA
- Two color headshots of yourself – These photos will not be included in our evaluation process but will be used in our communications if you receive an award.
Additionally, you must have two professional references submit letters directly to Jobs for Youth by the February 1 deadline. Letters should be submitted via email to email@example.com with your full name in the subject line.
Scholarship essays are evaluated based on the criteria above. Submitting a similar essay from previous years will not be accepted. Students with Individual Educational Plans (IEP) have the option of submitting a two and a half minute video application essay and emailing it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. IEPs must also be emailed by the deadline date.