Let’s be honest, it has been another long and challenging year! The winter season can be difficult to get through as the weather gets colder, the days become darker, and the holidays get busier. Finishing the school semester felt amazing, but you also feel EXHAUSTED from the heaviness of the year. Winter is a time for us to pause and to take care of our mind, bodies and soul. Here are some winter care tips to help you rest & reset yourself for 2022.
- Add Light To Your Space: In the winter, our shortened days means we get less sunlight. Adding more light, such as lamps or candles, to your space can help boost your energy on the days you feel like you can’t get out of bed.
- Stay Active: When it’s cold, rainy, and dreary outside, we tend to take a break from outdoor activities. Staying active can improve not just your physical health, but also mental health. Explore fitness activities you can do inside your own home.
- Get Plenty of Sleep: All of those late nights doing homework and studying for exams can take a toll on you. Our bodies need a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a night to be able to fully function. Take this time to fully invest in yourself and get the sleep you need.
- Finding Joy: This is a special time where you can take a break from all school obligations. Do things that spark joy, whether that is spending time with loved ones, picking up your favorite hobby, or turning on your favorite holiday movie. Setting aside time to find joy is not just about having fun, but can also boost your immune system.
- Living in the Moment: It is easy to feel anxious about what the future looks like, especially during a global pandemic. Living in the present moment can help reduce our anxiety and allow us to be grateful for what we have in the present.