Website City Of Berkeley
Full Job Description
The winter 20-21 employment session employees will be selected from a pool of candidates that applied for the Summer 20 session. The applicants who are under consideration will be notified during the latter part of October-the month of November.
Until further notice all sessions (winter, summer, and Extended) will have limited participation due to restrictions related to COVID-19.
(IF YOU ARE THE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 18-25 AND HAVE COMPLETED HIGHSCHOOL WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR OUR EXTENDED PROGRAM. ALTHOUGH WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY HIRING WE WANT TO BUILD A POOL OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES AS OPPORTUNITIES MAY BECOME AVAILABLE AT ANY TIME)
One of the goals of the City of Berkeley’s YouthWorks Employment Program is to provide a variety of employment/training/career exploration opportunities for participants ages 14-25.
Program Objectives for YouthWorks:
- Offer part-time, temporary jobs
- Introduce youth to the world of work
- Provide opportunity for career exploration
- To allow for the gaining of valuable work experience
- Expose participants to relevant trainings that are associated with professionalism as well as young adulthood.
To download the YouthWorks brochure, click here.
As with any job application, the submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance into the employment program. For more information, please click to see our Frequently Asked Questions.
For additional help, click here for a detailed guide on how to complete the online job application successfully.
Required Qualifications: After an application has been reviewed and accepted, YouthWorks will require submittal of Proof of Residency verification documents.
IF APPLICANT IS UNDER THE AGE 18 Proof of Residency documents MUST be in the name of the applicant’s legally recognized guardian. The same guardian will be required to sign a residency affidavit for the application to be considered.
IF APPLICANT IS 18 OR OVER The Proof of Residency documents MUST be in the name of the applicant and the applicant can sign the affidavit.
BELOW ARE THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE UTLITY BILLS TO BE USED AS PROOF OF RESIDENCY
- PG&E Bill
- Solar bill (Must indicate physical address of service)
- EBMUD Bill
- Garbage Bill
- Cable Bill (must indicate physical address of service)
- (Cell phone bills, report cards, auto/home insurance are NOT accepted.)
If applicant is under the age of 18 the utility bill MUST state the name of the applicant’s legal guardian. ALL BILLS REGARDLESS OF APPLICANTS AGE MUST STATE MOST RECENT ACTIVITY. BILLS NOt WITHIN 45 DAYS OF APPLICATION DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
BELOW ARE THE OTHER ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
- Driver’s License/California ID of Parent/Guardian (MUST BE CURRENT AND INDICATE EXACT ADDRESS ON APPLICATION AND RESIDENCY AFFADAVIT)
- Current Rental Agreement/Lease/Occupancy agreement Document (AGREEMENT MUST INDICATE BEGINNING AND END DATES AND SHOW APPLICANT AS A LEGALLY RECOGNIZED OCCUPANT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Current Mortgage Agreement/Bill
All housing related proofs MUST STATE THE TERMS REGARDING THE LENGTH OF THE RENTAL/ LEASE/OCCUPANCY AGREEMENT. I.E. JAN 2020-DEC 2020 OR THE TERMS OF LENGTH OF MORGTAGE OR PROOF OF OWNERSHIP.
The following criteria must be met in order to have an application considered for YouthWorks:
- Applicant must reside in Berkeley AND provide one (1) valid proof of residency document.
- Applicant must submit a complete City of Berkeley Application.
- Applicant must answer all required Supplemental Questions.
- Applicant must provide a resume as an attachment to their application. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A RESUME WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE.
- You must provide verification document(s) to complete the application process when requested. If you do not provide this documentation, you will not be selected to move forward.
Knowledge and Abilities: The intent of this employment program is to offer professional experience to our participants and to prepare them for future job searches and endeavors. Therefore, the City welcomes youth with paid or unpaid work experience! The experience listed on an application may help an applicant regarding job placement. Be sure to list all work experience paid or unpaid. Include volunteer work as well as chores done around the home or miscellaneous jobs done in a neighborhood or with family. Also include internships, extracurricular assignments at school, church, organizations, school proctoring can also be used. Any questions regarding what is acceptable can be answered via phone, email or *drop in at the YouthWorks office. (Drop-ins are 8am-5pm Monday-Friday) * Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic Drop-Ins are not available until further notice.
Applicants must submit with their on-line application:
- City of Berkeley Employment Application Form
- Responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire
Upon request applicants must submit:
- Employment eligibility verification document(s)
- Proof of Berkeley Residency.
(These documents will be requested after application has been reviewed and accepted)
Exam Access Accommodation: In compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, the City of Berkeley will employ and promote qualified individuals without regard to disability. The City is committed to making reasonable accommodations in the examination process and in the work environment. Individuals requesting reasonable accommodations in the examination process must do so no later than the final filing date for receipt of applications, otherwise it may not be possible to arrange accommodations for the selection process. Such requests should be addressed to the Department of Human Resources | (510) 981-6800 | email@example.com | 2180 Milvia Street, 1st Floor, Berkeley CA 94704.