Website Tahirih Justice Center
Make a difference for women and girls who refuse to be victims of violence: Volunteer!
Volunteers are integral to ensuring Tahirih’s high quality services are delivered to all clients. Tahirih has a variety of volunteer opportunities in Atlanta, Baltimore, Greater DC, Houston, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Interpretation/Translation: Proficient interpreters commonly provide interpretation for client meetings with the legal and social services teams. Assignments have included translating informational flyers about Tahirih and client documents.
- Transportation: Lack of access to transportation is a major barrier to clients accessing necessary services. Clients may need transportation to a medical or legal appointment. Transportation waivers are provided to the driver.
- Daily Living Assistance/ESL/Job Skills Tutoring: Volunteers support clients in the achievement of a variety of goals. This might include assisting a client with a job application, or informal meetings to practice reading and speaking in English.
- Administrative Support: Volunteers may assist with client file maintenance or supporting development staff in data entry.
- Donation Drives: Clients who are rebuilding their lives in the wake of violence often have a range of basic needs for items such as diapers and professional clothing. Volunteers may work with our social services staff to address the most urgent needs in our office locations.