- Palo Alto
- Salary: N/A
Full Job Description
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Our Visa internship program occurs during the summer months only.
Are you curious about payments and digital currencies (cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, etc.) and how they fit together? In this role, you will be part of the global Visa Crypto team responsible for creating and growing new revenue streams for Visa through emerging crypto products, innovative partnerships, and tailored programs. This role is ideal for someone who wants to be at the forefront of Visa’s evolving crypto strategy. You are disciplined, detail-oriented, and creative. You learn fast and are a persuasive, resourceful teammate. You’ll have to think on your feet, ask the right questions, and get a lot done quickly.
Job duties and projects could include:
- Analyze large sets of data to gather insights and to present findings to the wider product team and cross-functional teams
- Contribute to technical sessions that involve diving deeper into topics such as blockchain, cryptography, and architecture reviews
- Propose and drive changes to Visa’s core processes that supports the proliferation of Crypto over Visanet
- Conduct competitive analysis to establish how Visa is positioned in the market
- Lead analysis on Visa’s existing crypto card programs to capture trends and insights
- Execute deep dive research into different cryptocurrency topics such as cryptography, specific currencies, blockchain, etc. and present findings to wider fintech team and organization
- Inform the product roadmap and identify areas/opportunities for Visa to capture in the digital currency space
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or a related field, graduating December 2022 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Passion and strong knowledge of digital currency, blockchains, and NFTs
- Outstanding executive communication skills (verbal and visual) with an ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to correlate data and trends to business drivers, while thinking big and leading executive messaging; utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with ease
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to work on bleeding edge of payments and digital currencies working for the industry leader
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.