The Contemporary Jewish Museum
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5PM ON MARCH 12, 2021
The Teen Art Connect (TAC) internship is a year-long paid internship at The Contemporary Jewish Museum (The CJM) for high school students from diverse backgrounds who are interested in working in a world-class arts environment to create meaningful experiences for the public, while developing professional skills.
TAC interns plan our annual Teen Takeover event; lead architecture and exhibition tours; promote, assist, and participate in workshops led by contemporary artists; present and host Battle of the Bands; support CJM educators and staff in Family, Access, and Public Programs; and receive one-on-one mentorship from Museum professionals.
Requirements to apply for a TAC internship are:
- Must be a high school student entering 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in the fall
- Interest in many of the following: art, culture, museums, architecture, Judaism, intercultural dialogue, education, customer service, public speaking, leadership, event planning, marketing, community engagement
- Must be reliable, enthusiastic, friendly, curious, and open-minded
- Ability to communicate via and regularly check email and/or text messages on a daily basis
- Must be willing to commit to the following:
June: Summer training intensive (10am–4pm, Monday–Friday)
July–August: Two trainings per month (Sundays, 3–5:30pm)
August–May: Two trainings per month (Sundays, 3–5:30pm) and between two and six hours of work per week