Website Poke House
Poke House Team Member – Hillsdale Ave, San Mateo, CA ($18.00 – $20.00 Depending On Experience)
The ideal Poke House candidate will:
- Be a reliable, energetic, and motivated individual
- Have a cheerful, friendly, and enthusiastic attitude and display a positive approach to all assignments
- Love to help and serve customers and possess exceptional customer service skills
- Have the ability to work in a team and maintain positive working relationships with all team members
- Have the ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Be able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment with changing customer volume levels
- Have the ability to speak clearly, listen attentively, and follow instructions
- Have a complete understanding of all Poke House rules and regulations
A typical day at Poke House:
- Greet all customers that enter the store. Create a genuine customer experience through a high level of attention and service.
- Assist in-house customers and complete customer orders efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Assist delivery drivers and complete online/mobile orders efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Complete and manage customer transactions using the Clover POS system. Collect cash or card payments. Issue receipts, refunds, and correct changes as needed.
- Replenish Poke House products and supplies as needed. Assist in maintaining store visual objectives, housekeeping standards, and service line replenishment.
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Interact with team members at all levels of the company.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all Poke House menu items and enthusiastically recommend Poke House favorites.
- Answer customer questions, provide information, and resolve all inquiries.
- Clean and maintain all working areas (e.g., floors, dining room, service line, POS counter, restroom, kitchen, etc.). Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization at all times.
- Adhere to all sanitizing, food safety, and health procedures to limit the spread of germs and foodborne illnesses between team members and/or customers.
- Uphold the integrity of the food with brand standards, techniques, and adherence to local and state laws.
Core Responsibilities (Team Member/Cashier):
- Customer service, cashier
- Food assembly
- Cleaning, sanitizing
- Communication & teamwork
- Upholding current food, safety, and health standards
Please note that this location will have its soft opening on April 1st.
As new team members will need time to train and become familiar with their tasks, we will be holding training shifts from April 1st through April 15th.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we have installed extra sneezeguards, a Covid-19 health screening questionnaire, and provided masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
About Poke House
At Poke House, our mission is to capture California’s adventurous spirit in our tasty, modern poke while supporting local small businesses and preserving the environment. We work hard to craft each delicious poke bowl and ensure that the quality of our ingredients are always top grade. Our sushi-grade fish is delivered daily, and our fruits and vegetables are locally sourced, prepared fresh every day, and organic when possible. From construction to consumption, we are committed to being environmentally conscious.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling
- Discounted delicious food
- Full-time and part-time opportunities
- Medical and dental insurance (full-time only)
- We promote from within
- Safe and fun working environment
- At least 16 years of age (Team Member/Cashier)
- Be available to work at least 3 days a week
- Be able to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location
- Food safety certification
- Open and flexible availability (variable hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed)
- Physical requirements: Long periods of standing, walking, and lifting (up to 25 lbs)
Pay: $18 – $20 per hour
Job types: Full-time, Part-time
Work location: On-site