Website Galileo Learning
Full Job Description
- Serve as an ambassador of Galileo, demonstrating our mission and values in a positive and professional manner and acting as a role model of the Galileo Innovator’s Mindset
- Commit to building a safe, child-focused community
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability
- Take initiative to analyze and solve problems
- Treat others with courtesy and respect
- Respond to camper, family member and colleague needs
- Maintain a high standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Commitment to educational programming for children
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
- Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team
- Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with families
- Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day, for the duration of the summer
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Upper-level high school student, college student, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience working with kids or in a camp setting a plus
- Sixteen years old by your camp’s first day of operation, with a work permit valid through August 2021 if under 18
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support all aspects of camp, especially behind-the-scenes camp operations and programming
- Consistent dedication to specialized COVID-19 safety guidelines and policies (such as wearing a mask, daily health checks, frequent hand-washing, etc.)
- Lead a stable camper group during afternoon extended care program including check-in, check-out, and leading camper activities
- Support camper check-in and check-out processes
- Assist with daily setup and clean up of camp including materials and space sanitization over the course of the day
- Responsible for preparing lesson materials and setting up teaching space
- Setup, lead, and participate in daily snack/lunch supervision and programming
- Maintain safe environments for all campers
- Work closely with Camp Director to complete various administrative duties
- Provide leadership, energy and camp spirit for campers, constantly assessing group dynamics and the needs of individual campers
- Cover for Group Instructors during daily ten-minute breaks, fulfilling their role while they are out
- Set, work toward, and achieve measurable professional development goals
- Provide excellent customer service to families by communicating with a positive, professional and fun attitude
WORK HOURS AND DATES
General Camp Staff Hours Information:
- Camps operate weekdays from 8:30am to 3:30pm, followed by the Extended Care program from 3:30pm to 6pm. Number of hours and start/finish time will vary by site, position and day.
- Summer Extended Care Interns typically work from 10:30am to 6pm (shift ends when assigned Extended Care campers are checked out and daily duties are complete).
- Staff meetings during regular work hours.
- Before setup days begin, complete between 6-10 hours of online training.
- Training and setup days: Participate in two mandatory training and setup days in the days before camp starts.
- Camp cleanup: Participate in cleaning and packing up camp for an additional 1-2 hours in your last day of camp if necessary. On the last day of camp all staff stay on site until cleanup is complete.
- Employees must take a minimum 30-minute unpaid break if they work 6 or more hours. They must be offered (but may decline) a 30-minute unpaid break if they work 5-5.75 hours.
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- Regular pay rate is listed in the offer letter, and is determined based on experience and assignment.
- Staff will be compensated at a different hourly rate (training rate) for training and set-up days to be completed before your first day.
- Summer staff positions are temporary, seasonal positions and do not include health benefits or paid vacation time.
- Overtime will be paid at 1.5x the regular hourly rate in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Payroll is processed weekly; payments will be issued and paystubs made available the following Friday