Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys uses fashion savvy and merchandising science to keep in step with the fast-paced footwear and accessories market for 13 to 22-year-old guys and girls.
Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands that cater to teens that seek the hottest, new styles. However, the Journeys store is more than a retail environment — it’s an extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing exclusive content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style reflect the customers’ lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in every way, an attitude you can wear!
Journeys is always looking for great people to join our team!
For more information check out: http://www.journeys.com/careers
WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- Tangible results of your hard work reflected in your paycheck… Work Hard- Make Good Money, Work Harder- Make GREAT Money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Great Store Environment
- Excellent Benefits
- We are fun, a bit irreverent and encourage you to embrace your individuality.
To recruit, hire, train and manage store personnel to achieve store sales plan, control expenses, and to protect company assets while pursing growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of performance.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Recruit, interview, and hire high caliber employees with in store needs.
- Train and develop a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees.
- Conduct Monthly Performance Reviews
- Conduct Monthly Store Meetings
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices.
- Plan weekly staffing schedules in compliance with schedules policy.
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Journeys at www.journeys.com/careers
- Prior management experience in retail environment preferred.
- 1-2 years retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Manager in Training position.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.*
*Age requirement for full time employment may vary based on state.
Check out the following website for more information on all our awesome benefits:
Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, physical or mental disability of otherwise qualified individuals, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or registered domestic/civil union partner status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Any applicant or employee who needs a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment or to perform the essential functions of his or her job should email email@example.com or call (615)367-7467. Genesco’s employment practices will continue to be directed toward full utilization of all available human resources. We believe that this approach to our human resources is not only legally and morally proper, but also is an intelligent and economic business practice.