Full Job Description
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn; and arm them with the creative confidence and tools to change the world. Our core offering is a subscription service that delivers hands-on projects to kids of all ages. We also have an online store and a content hub for families. We take great pride and ownership in the products and experiences we design and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station. Currently, we are working remotely. As guidelines permit, we will move to our plan of hybrid, remote/in-office work.
Role and Responsibilities: *
KiwiCo is looking for a Social Media Intern who can help grow and cultivate our online community and audience with engaging content, all while maintaining consistency with the company’s overall brand and voice.
Provide design and video editing support for creative asset creation for social channels. Understand how social aligns with the company’s overall visual brand guidelines.
- Partner with the Brand team to implement campaigns. Test new social media features and engagement tactics with KiwiCo’s online community with fresh ideas and new programs.
- Publish compelling social content to drive engagement, brand awareness, traffic, and conversion to the site. Assist in writing captions and creating engaging content for a variety of social platforms, including Instagram Reels and Tiktok.
- Regularly track social analytics and share findings with the wider team to find opportunities for optimizing social media engagement and growth.
- Create positive engagement with our online social presence to foster community growth and communication. Help monitor comments and shared online user generated content.
- Maintain an internal digital library to track great user generated content (images and quotes) for future marketing purposes.
- Aid in managing a community of micro influencers by planning communication campaigns and strategies via Facebook Groups and Email.
- Assist with general marketing or administrative duties to support the team.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve. A strong work ethic, communication skills, and high levels of empathy are important.
Passionate about kids and creativity. Familiar with the parenting space. You love kids and the power of hands-on learning and development.
- Strong social media presence. In-depth working knowledge of social media landscape (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube), with social analytics experience. You’re active on a variety of social media platforms and are familiar with the latest trends in the social landscape.
- Content creation experience. Ability to create graphic and video content optimized for social media (Reels, TikTok, IG Stories, IGTV, etc)
- Eye for design. Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Canva, with a great eye for visuals and aesthetics
- Communication skills. Exceptional communication skills with customers and team members.
- Hands-on, “get things done” mentality. Eager and able to solve challenges and tackle opportunities. Identifies potential issues and hurdles and develops ways to get around them. Adapt to quickly figure out a way to get things done.
- Detail-oriented. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do. We care deeply about the details.
- Resourceful. You see a project from the idea stage through successful completion – and whatever it takes to make it a success, and your job will be fast-paced. Hurdles are inevitable, but you take it upon yourself to take ownership, assess options and get something done.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field, with 1+ years’ experience in social media or marketing
Important – Please include a portfolio or links of your recent social media work.*
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
For the health and safety of our employees, proof of Covid -19 vaccination will be required for all employees who will be at our KiwiCo Mountain View when we return to the office. KiwiCo will make reasonable accommodations to this policy for sincerely held religious beliefs and medical reasons on a case-by-case basis. This will not impact consideration of your candidacy.