Website Panda Express
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and
responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
• Culture: Lives and cultivates Panda’s Mission, Culture and Values to ensure the 2020 vision is
alive and in action.
• Work Environment: Participates in creating a safe and empowering environment for Team
Panda to listen, appreciate and challenge each other. May propose ways to improve processes.
• Exceptional Guest Experience: Builds emotional connection with Guests through Food,
Service & Ambiance. Provides quality service to guests. Greets guests in a courteous and
hospitable manner. Provides requested information regarding the menu, and handles guest
questions and complaints effectively. Monitors food quality and provides feedback to the
General Manager, Assistant Manager, and/or Chef/Cook.
• Store Environment: Maintains a clean, safe, and sanitary store environment in compliance with
Operations standards. Cleans all areas of the store following proper procedures in the use,
handling, and storage of cleaning chemicals. Ensures compliance with all food safety, work
safety, and sanitation requirements.
• Operations: Upholds high Operations Standards and being the Best. Serves accurate portions
from the steam table; manages steam table with fresh and presentable quality food, and orders
the appropriate amount of food during busy and slow periods. Takes catering orders and
ensures orders are properly filled in accordance with guest request. May perform Kitchen Help
(BOH) responsibilities as needed,
• Cash Handling: Follows PRG cash handling procedures and policy, including cash, credit
cards, gift cards and other payment methods accepted by the company. Operates the POS and
Xpient system accurately. May perform cash register opening and closing procedures.
Education and Experience:
• Some high school
• Prefer some Operations experience
• Local/municipal requirements, such as Food Handler certification, acquired at applicant’s own
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Mission: Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where
people are inspired to better their lives.
• Embody Panda’s Mission, Values, Culture, and Environment
• Basic understanding of all Operations practices and concepts, including store opening and
• Knowledge of cash handling policy and procedures
• Knowledge of steam table operations, serving protocols, and menu
• Ability to consistently apply PRG cash handling policy and procedures
• Ability to perform all FOH duties
• Ability to learn basic cooking (chow mein and rice)
• Understanding of work and food safety and application of the work and food safety checklists
• Understanding of proper procedures for handling cleaning chemicals
• Be a Team Builder by being a Trusted Leader
• Be a champion in Community Outreach
• Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
• Counter areas often hot with steam from steam table and food vapors
• Hot kitchens with high noise levels
• Limited work space depending on location
• Remains standing for long periods of time
• Reaches across counter tops measured at 36 inches
• Occasionally reaches high storage shelving with use of step ladder
• Performs repetitive tasks
• Cross training may include use of Chinese cook knife, wok, and other restaurant equipment
• Works efficiently in a fast paced environment with hot and cold foods