The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to a number of well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our banners that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California and Food Maxx. We also have 4 distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of The Save Mart Companies stores. We are a locally and family owned business, headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation – the San Joaquin Valley.
Some of our competitive benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K), flexible schedule options, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning – Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
- No experience required!
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Continuous walking, standing, reaching, and bending.
- Environment includes indoor and outdoor with exposure to widely varying temperatures.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong team player with a willingness and desire to learn, work hard, and have fun with it!
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide a remarkable shopping experience for our customers by greeting and engaging with each customer, offering assistance, being approachable and friendly, and by going the extra mile to ensure that our customers are taken care of.
- Perform store sweeps, with emphasis on front-end and entrance areas; ensuring floors are free of spills or debris, to provide a safe environment for customers as well as co-workers.
- Routine and daily cleaning of registers and belts, emptying check stand trash cans, dusting and facing shelves.
- Collect all shopping carts from the parking lot, maintaining a cart-free lot throughout the duration of your shift.
- Perform price checks, and assist with go backs returning items to correct location, with perishables being the first priority.
- Assisting Clerks to move lines quickly at busy times by bagging groceries quickly and efficiently, taking care to protect quality and condition of items.
- Performs other duties as assigned