Website Planet Fitness
The customer service staff, or commonly called the front desk staff, is the core of the gym. They will frequently interact, communicate and maintain an excellent relationship with both the members and management staff. The staff is responsible for carrying out key functions for operating the gym, which are: a) providing exceptional customer service and account administration to current gym members b) creating and maintaining an exceptional “JFZ” atmosphere in the gym c) selling memberships to non-members d) keeping the gym and all equipment exceptionally clean and in good working order. In addition, the customer service staff also monitors the gym environment and operations on a daily basis and offers improvements when needed. The staff is required to use excellent communications and teamwork to carry out all job duties and requirements.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting and saying goodbye to all members and guests.
- Monitoring club access to members and non-members.
- Answering any questions and handling member complaints.
- Having an excellent understanding of the Judgement Free Zone and explaining the JFZ to all members and non-members.
- Answering info calls over the phone and taking messages.
- Giving club tours.
- Selling memberships, writing out contracts, and entering new members into the database.
- Operating the Point of Sale system and collecting any balances of past due accounts.
- Making appointments for PE @ PF hourly sessions.
- Organizing and maintaining the customer service front desk.
- Assisting with club housekeeping and restocking any paper products in locker room.
- Perform beginning of the day and end of the day procedures.
- Making self available to newer employees for questions and guidance.
- Good phone/communication skills
- Must be quick and accurate with numbers
- Ability to follow directions well
- Ability to work well independently
- Must have an upbeat attitude