Website 24 Hour Fitness - Millbrae Super Sport
Full Job Description
The Sales and Service Associate (SSA) delivers an outstanding and well-rounded sales and service experience to all guests and members by ensuring they have a welcoming, informative, and enjoyable experience when they visit; and helps inspire them to take the right next steps in pursuing their fitness goals.
The SSA is responsible for maintaining relationships with existing members and contributes to an overall high level of service and member satisfaction for the club that leads to member acquisition and retention.
The SSA delivers successful guest and member engagement, and attainment of applicable sales revenue goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES Estimated % of Time Spent
- Partners with Sales and Service Manager (SSM) to provide a best-in-class, member-centric experience that strengthens member relationships and builds member retention.
- Ensures members receive a friendly greeting/check-in and prompt attention to their needs.
- Engages members with various fitness offerings including personal training, group exercise classes and 24GO digital content.
- Maintains name relationships with members and serving as a resource for their questions or concerns, and putting them in touch with the right 24 Hour Fitness resources as appropriate.
- Provides a clean, friendly, well-maintained club to members and guests and
- Helps new members become comfortable in the club. 70%
Guest Experience and New Member On-boarding
- Executes the CARE sales model with each guest and passionately relate how 24 Hour Fitness’s products/services will satisfy their fitness needs.
- Tours potential members through the club and describes the facility, equipment, services and amenities that directly tie back to their individual fitness needs and goals. Ensures all guests are registered through the digital kiosk.
- Communicates membership and fitness offers in a clear and concise manner using Company provided presentation tools.
- Effectively and professionally enrolls guests using Company sales techniques and protocol.
- Adheres to specific Membership Agreement Procedures (MAP) when enrolling members and guests.
- On-boards new members successfully and assist with all member retention activities in order to drive club profitability.
- Consistently achieves or exceed personal and team sales goals. 15%
Prospecting and Lead Generation
- Obtains leads externally from within the community using company provided tools/programs. (i.e. Community outreach/Local Promotions, Corporate Sales on-sites).
- Generates leads/new business internally through member promotions, referrals, the dissemination of guest passes, and contacting leads generated via phone.
- Responsible for effectively setting appointments for all leads and potential new business opportunities.
- Communicates and promotes local and global marketing campaigns to leads and members.
- Manages and follows up on leads/new business by using a Lead Management System.
- Executes daily planner to track and plan for successful lead management and selling activities.
- Consistently achieve or exceed personal productivity goals. 15%
Reports to the Sales and Service Manager. Communicates and interacts with club members, prospective members and outside/third-party vendors. This position does not have any direct reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- General understanding of Fitness Industry.
- Ability to work with computers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Independent, self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to operate Point of Sale (POS) System.
- Knowledge and experience with sales practices and techniques preferred
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification from approved organization is required (within 60 days of employment).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Work Experience and Qualifications
- Prior experience in fitness or retail industry preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in service or sales industry preferred.
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
- Ability to work in club office; move about club floors and rooms
- Occasionally required to demonstrate or explain proper physical fitness activities, techniques and procedures
- Ability to communicate telephonically with members
- Ability to access and operate company computer systems including: document preparation, data entry, read and interpret general and financial reports from a computer data base or email system
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Ability to work a varied schedule to support the needs of the business, including frequent extended workdays, weekends, and holidays may be required
- Able to work in a loud environment
- Minimum travel may be required for training purpose and lead generation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.75 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Day shift