Website Espetus San Mateo
Full Job Description
Espetus Churrascaria is the leading rodízio-style restaurant in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA with a rapidly developing consumer brand and growing customer base.
Espetus Churrascaria presents the authentic Brazilian Steak House experience for individuals, families, visitors, and corporate customers with discretionary income by selling high-quality, innovative products at a reasonable price, designing tasteful, convenient locations, and providing industry-benchmark customer service.
Espetus Churrascaria strives to create a comfortable, elegant, and authentic environment that brings back the old Gaucho’s tradition of Southern Brazil. Our mission is to transport diners to the Southern Brazilian culture through all aspects of our presentation. Our core message The Art of Grilling Meets the Art of Eating, represents our real passion for customer service and the quality of our food.
Server Position at high-end Brazilian Steak House ESPETUS
Espetus San Mateo is hiring servers.
- We are looking for a friendly, knowledgeable, service-oriented, and competent Restaurant Server with a passion for hospitality to join our team.
- As the primary point of contact for guest interactions in the dining room, the server’s responsibilities include ensuring our tables are clean and tidy when guests arrive, presenting menus, and serving food and beverages. You’ll be the face of our restaurant and responsible for our customers’ experiences.
- You need to be quick on your feet (literally and metaphorically) and have a polite and friendly attitude. If you enjoy talking to people and thrive in a fast-paced workplace, we’d like to meet you.
- Your ultimate goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us maintain and attract customers.
- Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order.
- Attend to customers upon entrance.
- Present restaurant menus and help customers select food/beverages.
- Take and serve orders.
- Answer questions or make recommendations for complementary products.
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/barstaff.
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude.
- Issue bills and accept payment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, stand for long periods of time, and work at a quick pace.
- Must be able to walk, sit, and stand for long periods of time.
- Previous experience as a server and/or in the restaurant or hospitality industry preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to work different shifts, including all holidays, nights, and weekends. Must be able to work overtime if required.
- Required: food safety certification (able to earn upon hire)
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate teamwork.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Have working knowledge of beer, liquor, and wine.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a cash register.
- Long-term commitment and flexibility.
- Attention to cleanliness and safety.
- Patience and customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
If you are passionate about providing excellent customer service and have experience in working at high-end restaurants, this opportunity is for you.
Please submit your resume, tell us a little bit about yourself, and your availability.
We look forward to meeting you!
Espetus Churrascaria is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Serving Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location