Website BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
WHAT WE OFFER
- Diverse Culture
- Team Member Dining Discounts
- Comprehensive benefits* – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401 K
- Vacation – paid time off*
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Benefits and vacation eligibility based on number of hours worked. Part-time Team Members must meet minimum average of 30+ hours per week.
Servers are responsible for providing exceptional service and hospitality to every Guest in the restaurant. Servers are service oriented, team players with a passion for providing our Guest with the Gold Standard in Gracious Hospitality, ensuring absolute Guest satisfaction. Servers will provide positive Guest interactions while serving Guests in a friendly and efficient manner. Servers will have thorough knowledge in all aspects of BJ’s menu, handcrafted beverages, wine list, specialty drinks and prices, so that they can make recommendations that enhances the Guest experience, allowing them to fully enjoy our diverse menu and vast offerings.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Perform station opening/closing duties on each shift.
- Greet guest within 2 minutes and follow all Service Execution Steps.
- Describe and recommend BJ’s beer, wine and beverage selections, making suggestions that give guests options based on thorough knowledge of our menu offerings.
- Clear tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware. Maintain table cleanliness throughout the meal.
- Speak to guests to ensure satisfaction with food, drinks and service.
- Present bills, accept payments, operate POS system, uphold strict cash handling procedures and accountability for all transactions.
- Respond to guest complaints.
- Check identification of guests in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Company policies and laws, including health and safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management staff.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, 21 years of age or older where required by law
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of principles for dealing directly with the public
- Ability to handle cash, give change and balance cash drawer at the end of shift
- Physical demands of the job include but are not limited to:
- Standing and walking during entire 8-hour shift
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours and carries supplies
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds in weight on a semi regular basis
At BJ’s Restaurants & Brewhouse CRAFT Matters.
Our extensive menu includes BJ’s signature deep dish pizza, salads, steaks, ribs, generous pasta dishes, and our famous Pizookie® dessert. And of course, everything tastes better with BJ’s own handcrafted beer!
The safety of our team and guests is our top priority. We are complying with all CDC recommendations and Covid-19 guidelines.