Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and handling multiple tasks at once? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a Self-Checkout Host!
Overview of Responsibilities
As a Self-Checkout Host at Sprouts Farmers Market, you are the face of the company, delivering exceptional customer service, while our customer’s scan and self-pay for their basket.
- Oversee self-checkout units, ensuring complete customer satisfaction through prompt and friendly service.
- Assist customers as they scan, weigh, bag and pay for their own items, ensuring a smooth and seamless process.
- Serve multiple customers at once and anticipate issues before they occur.
- Answer questions, and assist with issues that arise (large items, scanning/weighing issues, payment issues, etc.).
- Monitor scanning activity to ensure scanning accuracy.
- Invite Sprouts customers to use self-checkout lanes, especially if lines are forming in other lanes
- Maintain knowledge of weekly ad items, promotions and events; provide direction of product location throughout the store.
- Ensure that self-checkout areas are always maintained in a clean and orderly condition, and execute all other related duties as assigned.
- Thank customers as they leave the self-checkout area.
- Be 18 years of age, and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience in a retail, customer service, or sales environment; 1-2 years of cashier experience preferred
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to positively interact with our customers
- Be able to operate front end equipment; register, calculator, scanner
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have good communication skills, and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Be able lift/carry product horizontally/vertically weighing up to 30 lbs., from 36” to 24”, for a distance up to 3 feet for up to 50 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Be able to use both hands to move grocery carts horizontally requiring a force up to 35 lbs., for a distance up to 4 feet for up to 50 hours.
- Have strong attention to detail and proficiency with numbers; proficient in cash handling and mathematical skills
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your immediate families health
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.