Full Job Description
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural organization. To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
- Supports customers by responding to product, membership and REI service questions, general inquiries and customer feedback.
- Effectively helps to prepare the store: maintains and stocks work areas making sure all items are accurately priced.
- Works with store management, visual merchandising point person, and Sales Leads to maintain visual standards.
- Promotes the sale of REI goods and services as well as engaging in the steps of REI’s Sales and Service Training.
- Provide customers with product, membership and service information including but not limited to the REI Mastercard program.
- Processes purchase, membership, service and return transactions at the register in alignment with REI’s 100% satisfaction guarantee. Collect payment for goods, make change, and distribute receipts.
- Performs unique transactions such as special orders, Outdoor School registration, special ticket sales, and store mail-outs.
- Identifies, research, and resolve customer issues.
- Supports Retail Store Pick-Up by assisting with the receipt of product from truck and processing customer pick-up.
- Maintains customer and employee hold area by keeping the area organized and removing items that are beyond the hold dates.
- Additional duties as assigned
Bring your passion and expertise
- Previous retail store experience (preferred)
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one’s own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Effective communication skills.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Knowledgeable of outdoor activities in assigned department.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends.