Website Sharon Heights Golf & Country Club
Full Job Description
Part-time – 18-24 hours per week. 3-4 shifts per week (shifts are 6-8 hours). Looking for availability on 2 weekdays (generally Wednesday and Fridays, but could be different) and at least one Saturday or Sunday shift (often on Sundays). Start time varies but generally start at 12:00 pm or 3:00 pm and shifts go until sunset.
Why work here?
- Safety is our number #1 priority. In addition to PPE, SHGCC has a COVID-19 Testing Program with team members being tested twice a week onsite and lab results with 48 hours.
- Meals provided Tuesday through Saturday.
- Beautiful golf course to work at in the summer.
- Great team environment.
- A company who really cares about its team members. During our 2.5 month shelter-in-place we made sure no employee was furloughed and that all team members received their full wages.
Located just off Highway 280 in Menlo Park, Sharon Heights Golf & Country Club has been one of the top private golf and country clubs in the United States since opening in 1962. We have a proud history of providing excellent food, service and experiences to our members.
Our Sharon family is set apart because our team believes in SHARON. We believe and demonstrate these values every day:
S – Spirit. We come to work every day with a positive attitude and drive, to take on challenges as they come our way.
H – Hospitality. We welcome our Club members, our Team members, their families, and guests, and treat them like family.
A – Above & Beyond. We aim to go above and beyond expectations, to strive for the impossible.
R – Respect. We respect each other, our Club members, our Team members, everyone that connects with the club, and ourselves.
O – One Team. We are committed to each other, a team of united individuals collaborating and promoting SHARON.
N – Nurturing. We encourage and practice continued development, continued education, and personal growth.
Provide bag, cart and range services to members and guests on our golf course. Ensure the highest quality golf experience is had by all members and guests while on property.
Job Tasks (Essential Functions)
- Golf cart service: Bring golf carts out for use and return while maintaining the cleanliness of the outside and inside of the carts
- Golf Bag Service: Loads bags for members and guests to golf carts, cars, or their assigned rack in storage.
- Driving Range: set-up, breakdown, and maintenance: restock range balls, operates ball picker on range to retrieve balls, wash range balls.
- Cleans all clubs for members and guests; cleans and maintains the club’s rental equipment.
- Performs other appropriate tasks as assigned by assistant golf professional.
. Requirements:Physical Requirements & Work Environment
Must be able to lift 50 lbs, as well as stand for extended periods of time. Frequent standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, squatting.
Those who identify with the following may be good for this position:
- At least 16 years old.
- Must have Driver’s Permit or Driver’s License.
- Enjoys being outdoors.
- Considers themselves outgoing & enjoys being around people.
Pay Rate: This is an hourly position starting at $15.25 per hour, but can vary with experience.