Website Sharon Heights Golf & Country Club
Full Job Description
Shifts we are looking to fill include:
This is a seasonal position, generally May through August, but flexible for students coming from or going to school. Hours vary, but generally this position works 3-5 7-hour shifts per week. Weekends are required .
Why work here?
- Beautiful environment to spend the summer.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Meals provided Tuesday through Saturday.
- Safety is a top priority. In addition to PPE, SHGCC has a COVID-19 Testing Program with team members being tested twice a week onsite and lab results with 48 hours.
Our Sharon family is set apart because our team believes in SHARON. We believe and demonstrate these values every day:
S – Spirit. We come to work every day with a positive attitude and drive, to take on challenges as they come our way.
H – Hospitality. We welcome our Club members, our Team members, their families, and guests, and treat them like family.
A – Above & Beyond. We aim to go above and beyond expectations, to strive for the impossible.
R – Respect. We respect each other, our Club members, our Team members, everyone that connects with the club, and ourselves.
O – One Team. We are committed to each other, a team of united individuals collaborating and promoting SHARON.
N – Nurturing. We encourage and practice continued development, continued education, and personal growth.
Implement all water safety policies and procedures. Supervise members and guests in and around the swimming pool.
- Maintain watch over the pool area ensuring a secure and safe environment by enforcing policy, guidelines and safety procedures.
- Evaluate conditions for safety and initiates aquatics emergency action plan as required.
- When prevention fails, respond as a rescue expert with solid judgment and in accordance with established standards and practices.
- Respond to all injuries, incidents, and emergencies as directed by club policy.
- Always approachable, visible and helpful to all pool patrons.
- Demonstrates a positive concern for achieving good public relations with all members. The challenge is to maximize the patrons’ enjoyment while minimizing or eliminating their risk for injury.
- Inspect pool facilities, equipment and water to ensure the facility is safe and usable.
- At the end of each shift, straighten the pool deck and surrounding areas and properly store all equipment.
. Requirements:Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
Must be able to lift 50 lbs, as well as stand for extended periods of time. Frequent standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, squatting. This position exposed to outside weather for the entirety of their shift.
- At least 16 years old – work permit required for 16 & 17 year olds)
- Must have a valid American Red Cross Lifeguard certification including First Aid, CPR & AED.
- Reliable transportation – public transit is minimal in this area
Pay Rate: $16 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sharon Heights Golf & Country Club (SHGCC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SHGCC strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. SHGCC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.