The Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares product, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional guest service is a major component of this position.
• Crew member exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
• Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
• Uses Point of Sale system/cash register (cashier) to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
• Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
• Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
• Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
• Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
• Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the Wash, Rinse, and Sanitize method of cleaning.
• Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual: Daily Procedures.
• Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual: Daily Procedures.
• Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
• Completes University of Subway® courses as directed.
Education: Some high school or equivalent.
Experience: No previous experience required.
Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register (cashier). Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Full Time/Part Time and Day Shift/Weekend Shift positions vary by location.