Website The Salvation Army
Full Job Description
THE SALVATION ARMY – SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO THRIFT STORE
Part Time Sales Associate Positions – Great for Students – Flexible Hours
- Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register – requires some customer service/retail experience
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, fellow store employees, customers and donors.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to operate a telephone
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks; Follow directions & report discrepancies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure Customer/Donor needs are met by greeting all Customers and Donors and giving prompt, courteous assistance.
2. Stock priced items ready to be merchandised on the sales floor in accordance with Salvation Army Standards.
3. Sort donations to be processed in accordance with Salvation Army Standards.
Sales Associate Job Description
4. Assist in the maintenance of the store to keep it clean, neat and organized. Perform cleaning duties as assigned by Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Shift Supervisor and District Sales Manager.
- Cleaning Windows
- Cashwrap Area
- Fitting Rooms
- Stockroom and Breakroom
- Sweeping and Mopping
- Donation Area
- Maintains assigned department within the store per TSA Merchandising Standards.
5. Follow all POS/Cash Register Policies in accordance with TSA Policies and Procedures.
6. Maintain safety standards and report any hazards/problems to the managers.
7. Follow all HR policies and procedures.
8. Attend required Monthly Store Meetings.
9. Follows all Dress Code Policy in accordance with the TSA Policies and Procedures.
10. Work schedules are determined by Management and employee must be flexible to ensure adequate store coverage at all times.
Part-time associates may be scheduled to work any part-time shift including evenings, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. 11. Receive, unload, and stock incoming inventory items accurately and efficiently. 12. Provide Quality Assurance by inspecting products for defects and damages.
13. Maintain and clean up the area in and around the donation trailer/pod at the beginning and end of each shift.
14. Courteously assist the donor in the removal of all donated items from the donor’s vehicle and provide receipt.
15. Separate and sort all donated material into the proper containers, and properly stack material as instructed by the Store Manager.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.07 per hour
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health savings account
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- South San Francisco, CA 94080: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Retail/Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service / Retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- P O S / Cashier: 1 year (Preferred)
- California Driver’s License (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location