- 60 31st Ave, San Mateo, CA 94403, USA
- Department: H&M
The key to building a great look is combining bold pieces.
The key to building a great company is combining bold people.
We take pride in our history of making fashion accessible to the everyone, and strive to build a more welcoming, inclusive and sustainable industry. Only through our great people and teams will we be able to change the future of fashion.
Together, we create that special kind of workplace where unique talents from all over the world come together to form dynamic teams, where we foster a culture of creativity, innovation, collaboration and growth.
At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference.
You’ll take on new responsibilities from day one, learn skills for life, meet friends completely unlike you that make you feel at home, and start finding ways to make your big dreams come true.
Help us reimagine the future of an entire industry by making everyone look, feel and do good.
The dress code is simple: Be proud of where you came from & amazed by where you’ll go.
Be yourself & more at H&M.
Make customers feel welcome & feel welcome to be yourself
Welcome to H&M! A workplace where you can be yourself & so much more! As a Sales Advisor, you’ll master the basics of running a store, join a talented team of new friends – and most importantly – learn how to make our customers feel welcome, happy, and inspired.
The Sales Advisor role is the starting point at H&M, and your introduction to the fast-paced world of global fashion. The role can be a fun and flexible way to earn money on the side, a chance to learn and grow, or the start of a life-long career in changing fashion for the better.
We want to make it possible for everyone to look, feel and do good.
We take pride in our history of making fashion accessible to everyone and our ambition for tomorrow is to make fashion even more sustainable, inclusive, and welcoming.
Why work at H&M?
H&M is a workplace where you’ll join a global fashion family that combines teamwork with individual expression and gives you the challenges and opportunities that can help you learn, grow and succeed.
We believe that it’s when you mix and match different talents, experiences, and styles that the real magic happens. That’s why our teams are built with different personalities, talents and people from all kinds of backgrounds. If you are willing to learn, grow and help our customers and your colleagues, H&M will always be a place for you to both express your individuality and feel like you belong.
We also believe that you can’t change the world without great people on your side.
So we offer all our employees generous benefits, lots of learning opportunities and the possibility to either start building a more long-term career, or work flexible hours while you pursue other dreams. We believe in developing our employees for future growth, many of our global leaders started their careers in our stores.
Bring your whole personality to work, stay as long as you want, and grow more than you ever thought was possible. Be yourself & more at H&M.
Minimum Candidate Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- 6 months of experience in customer service, retail industry preferred
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to recognize and execute selling opportunities
- Ability and willingness to run a cash register
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage time and prioritize
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends