Website American Cancer Society
At the American Cancer Society, we’re leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
- Service all customers through welcome greetings, merchandise sales, cashiering, merchandise bagging and carry-out assistance to customer’s vehicle.
- Service all donors through receiving donations, carry-in assistance from donor’s vehicle, placing donations in designated areas, providing donation receipt and processing receipt with donation.
- Service all volunteers through internal operational support. Store opening and closing procedures including cash register drawer counts. and end of day income reporting.
- Maintain opening, ongoing and end of day appearance of salesfloor, including dressing room cleanout, dusting, vacuuming, straightening racks and fixtures, and refreshing depleted displays.
- Process donations, including sorting, steaming, pricing and placing merchandise on sales floor.
*Should be able to work 20-25 hours per week between the hours 10am to 5pm, Monday through Saturday.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Retail experience working with customers, sales, cashiering and merchandising.
Excellent communication and customer relation skills. Comfortable with multi tasking responsibilities. Team player, willing to do what is necessary to get the job done.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather condition prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.