Website Men's Warehouse
Full Job Description
Position Title: Consultant
The Consultant is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience within multiple-businesses (retail, rental, custom, and Omni-channel) within a store location. To be successful in this role the Consultant needs to support and positively impact a culture of customer-obsession, by being customer-ready and delivering a world-class experience each and every day. The Consultant is expected to engage as a member of a high-performing team through trust, commitment, and a focus on results. The Consultant must navigate through change in order to adapt to new programs in a timely manner and to achieve the expected outcome. In addition the Consultant will contribute to a healthy culture by working well with and demonstrating respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment.
- Consistently demonstrate the benchmark selling techniques for retail sales, custom clothing sales, and special occasion rentals, as trained by management and as described in corporate training materials.
- Continuously encourage and participate in team selling.
- Build a relationship with your customer from greeting through post-sale contact.
- Participate in monitoring and positively impact the achievement of the store sales volume and metrics goals. Meet and maintain your own personal volume goal while maintaining an above average quality of sale.
- When possible use tailors for all alteration fittings. When tailors are not available, be able to accurately fit the customer and provide recommendations for alterations.
- Assist in receiving shipments, putting away new merchandise, maintaining a clean, neat, sized and organized store based on our merchandising to sell standards.
- Assist with visually merchandising the store, including complying with brand standards with regard to all visual merchandising tasks.
- Help monitor the security of all Company property. Report or document damaged or missing product.
- Assist in conducting merchandise stock counts as requested by your store management team. Report any discrepancies to the manager on duty.
- Effectively participate as a member of a store team where employees are held accountable for not only individual performance, but also for interacting with the greater store team in manner that supports the achievement of established team goals.
- Maintain a workplace free of harassment and discrimination by strictly adhering to the Company’s Anti-Discrimination and Harassment policies and promptly reporting to your Regional Manager, Zone Vice President and the Human Resources Department any concerns that may arise under those policies.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Bend down and squat to locate and pick up merchandise located at ground level and to assist customers put on shoes; bend down and crouch to mark pants for alterations. Climb a ladder to reach merchandise and or supplies located above shoulder level.
- Lift arms and reach over the head to hang or take merchandise off racks or place on customer.
- Operate a computer and cash register, including manual tasks such as reaching across the counter to exchange monies with customer, grasping, pulling, pushing, and folding merchandise to wrap customer purchases.
- Stand and walk for the majority of work shift, sometimes as long as twelve hours per day, five or sometimes six days per week.
- Frequent (at least 2/3 of the work day) bending and twisting at neck and waist, crouching and squatting, reaching above and below shoulder height, grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation with both hands, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- See and distinguish between fabric patterns and colors.
Requisition ID: 21001205
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- One location
- Store Manager
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place