Full Job Description
Do you love cats?
Then this retail sales position is for you!
We’re Meowtel: the #1 cat sitting app in the country. We have a storefront in Hayes Valley that allows us to inspire and engage with cat parents while selling amazingly cute and novel cat items.
We’re looking for the purrfect sales associate who is dependable, loves kitties, and can communicate clearly. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Drive sales by Informing and educating customers about our products and services
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for all things cat-related
- Re-stock inventory and merchandise products
- Use social media channels to promote the brand and engage with other cats lovers
- Pack and ship eCommerce orders
- Keep the store tidy and clean (light vacuuming, litter scooping, dusting)
- Care for our 1 store kitty who might be there on weekends and make sure guests engage with her appropriately
Requirements & Skills:
- 3+ months of retail sales or customer service
- Proficient with computers and retail point-of-sale
- Extremely passionate about cats (bonus points if you are a cat parent)
- Clear communicator
- Reliable and organized
This is a part-time position and the immediate need is to fill the Saturday shift: 11:45am – 5:15pm with the opportunity for additional hours either on Friday or Sunday.
Salary & Perks: $16.50/hour base rate + employee discounts on all products and services.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
- Every other week
- Store Manager
Employees working per shift:
- 5 or fewer
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company’s Facebook page: