Website West Elm
Are you passionate about people and product and love selling? We are growing and want to meet you! We are looking to add a results driven, customer first individual to our high volume, highly visible and exciting store in San Mateo, California. Must love selling and servicing our customers on the sales floor – primarily weekend availability.
• Must be available to work two weekend days – Friday, Saturday, Sunday
• Must be able to work 15 – 29 hours
We welcome all – strong equity and inclusion action plan to ensure all-inclusive hiring practices
Retail Sales Associate
Looking for retail selling associates that love interior design and love selling in a fast paced, retail environment. Our business is thriving, we are hiring to help keep up with heightened demand for our amazing, in-house designed furniture.
Discover your purpose… Inspire customers to express themselves in their home. Discover what the customer loves & how they live to develop personal decorating plans that exceed their expectation. Bring west elm to life for our customers by connecting them to the product, inspiration & know-how that helps them tell their story at home. Drive sales by creating a reputation of west elm as a destination for approachable decorating expertise that helps customers build truly personal spaces.
Who we are… Our mission is to offer choice in products & services, build community through connections with clients & collaborators & focus on honest business practices in everything we do, from supply chain transparency to sustainability.
Who you are… Love to sell, can articulate a proven ability to exceed selling goals & most importantly can close a sale
• Succeed in a team environment, while able to work independently & manage your own time
• Enjoy being hands-on with product & functions well both in-store & in the customers’ home
• Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are constantly looking for ways to think outside-the-box
• Have an obsession for interior decorating, architecture, art, creativity, craft, artisans & neighborhood’s treasures
• Keep your finger on the pulse of design trends both globally & in your local community
• Know what questions to ask your customers in order to understand their personal style & needs
At west elm, you will…
• Drive sales & achieve sales goals per hour, by connecting customers to you & West Elm
• Inspire associates & customers by connecting them to design trends, inspiration & local resources that reflect the eclectic, creative & modern spirit of the brand
• Develop & manage relationships with clients, designers, developers, local businesses & artisans
• Prioritize the customer & collaborate with your team to ensure adequate selling floor coverage during in-store or in-home appointments
• Discover each customers’ style by sparking conversation, sharing inspiration & consulting with them to learn how to bring their story to life
• Share decorating expertise & develop thoughtful space plans that fit the customers’ lifestyle
• Advise customers on where to access design resources for products & services that may be unavailable at west elm (wallpaper, appliances, re-upholsterer, etc)
• Share the stories, collaborations & craft behind our products to bring them to life for our customer
• Develop vision boards, Room plan creations & utilize digital tools to help customers express their personal style at home
• Be held accountable for the following brand competencies: operates with strategic agility, drives innovation & change, provides influential leadership, communicates effectively, develops self& others, creates teams & partnerships,focusesonthecustomer,buildsoperationalexcellenceanddrivesexecutionwhat we’re looking for…
• 1 – 2 years of retail experience
• Interior design certification strongly preferred
• Excellent communication skills & passion for working with people
• Excitement for the brand & products we sell
• Must be able to spend ample time on the sales floor focusing on customer needs
• Willingness to travel for in-home consultations. (If driving your personal vehicle, proof of the state required auto liability insurance or proof of financial responsibility & a state issued driver’s license)
• Must be able to lift & mobilize medium to large items, up to 75lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment & safety techniques
• Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your resume, cover letter & any additional materials that will give us a peek into your personal style at home or design clients that are in your portfolio (ie: Pinterest boards, Instagram, portfolio, personal website, lifestyle blog, etc).
Location: West Elm (North Block Plaza)
To apply email Marty Moreno at MAMoreno@WSGC.com.
To apply for this job email your details to MAMoreno@WSGC.com