Website Sandbox VR
Full Job Description
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie. We are creating the future of entertainment and want you to be a part of our journey to bring a holodeck to every neighborhood in America!
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 10 locations and 4 countries around the world (we’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding. As a growing company we are looking for leaders who want to transform the entertainment industry and contribute to the cutting-edge experiences we are creating. We take pride in the relationships we are building within the community through innovation and providing a best in class experience for our guests. The opportunities within Sandbox VR are endless and we want you to be a part of this new world we are creating!
- Earned paid time off for all who qualify
- Sick time
- Medical, dental, commuter benefits, life insurance and disability for all who qualify
- Health and wellness resources and discounts for all who qualify
- Exclusive savings on entertainment, shopping, hotels and more for all who qualify
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance reviews with merit increase for those who qualify
- Free Sandbox VR gear!
- Career path – We are growing! Help us bring the holodeck to every neighborhood in America!
What will you be doing:
This position is onsite at one of our retail stores. We’re looking for someone to join our team on a part-time basis. As the Guest Experience Guide of one our stores, you’ll have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain the environment: you’ll initiate and perform daily tasks and projects to maintain the aesthetic appeal and cleanliness of our stores and prepare the experience rooms and equipment for the guests.
- Job Mastery: master and be able to assist in training new hires at the Guest Experience Guide level
- Live the Sandbox VR way: exceed expectations of our guests by promoting our culture, mission and core values. Making a guest happy makes your day!
- Deliver an Incredible Guest Experience: you’ll welcome and guide our guests through the experience, helping them with VR gear suiting-up and suiting-down, ensuring a safe and fun experience, and making sure guests leave excited to share their personalized videos, photos, and a story that they can share with friends
- Technical support and troubleshooting: partnering with management and our support team in other parts of the country to troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise in day to day operations.
- Collaboration: you’ll be asked to partner with management and other team members for ad-hoc projects and other operational duties that might arise in a fast-growing startup company.
- Safety and Cleanliness: ensuring the safety and cleanliness of our equipment and location exceeds the expectations of our guests and team.
- Communication: consistently and effectively identify and communicate store issues, project updates and ideas with the management team
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for personable, motivated and passionate people to take on the role of Guest Experience Guide. As the Guest Experience Guide of one our stores, you thrive on building connections with our team and guests. You anticipate the guest’s needs and love delivering a best in class experience. The Guest Experience Guide has the following key behaviors:
- Guest Service Focused: Delivering an exceptional experience to all our guests is the most important thing we can do in our company. You’ll need to communicate and present clearly and warmly, and mostly importantly demonstrate extreme empathy to the needs of our guests and our team alike. You’ll be expected to maintain a professional appearance and demonstrate integrity, honesty, and knowledge to provide a white glove experience for our guests.
- Physical Stamina: Because this is a retail position, you’ll be expected to stand and walk around for long periods of time. You’ll also occasionally be required to bend, lift (more than 25 lbs.) or climb up stairs. You’ll also need strong close-distance hand eye coordination and dexterity capabilities in order to handle technical support tasks.
- Team First Mentality: At Sandbox VR we live by the team first mentality. You’ll be expected to bring a positive attitude, collaborate and work effectively with your team especially during high volume/intensity situations.
- Work Ethic: We are building the future of entertainment, so we are looking for people that thrive in a self starter fast-paced environment required to deliver a white glove experience for our guests. You should be a strong problem solver who has a track record of good judgement and can learn independently and quickly on the job to master our platform technically and operationally.
Sandbox VR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable law. EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled. Sandbox VR will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local laws.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $16.75 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
To keep our team as safe as possible we have provided face masks and cleaning techniques to ensure constant cleanliness. We have also altered operations to ensure social distancing between guests and employees
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location