Website APCO Worldwide
Full Job Description
APCO is hiring current students and recent graduates to join our full-time, fully remote, competitively paid internship program.
Our interns will experience on-the-job training in client services, global marketing, or new business development, are embedded with one or more of our five North American office teams, and are involved in a wide variety of daily client account activities. Interns are treated as professional staff, participate in team meetings and actively contribute ideas, and support the overall management and growth of client work and the firm.
APCO’s clients include local, national and global organizations in the technology, trade, food and beverage, and healthcare sectors.
- Monitor issues, news events and competitor happenings
- Help with social media research
- Create social media content
- Assist with drafting and editing client deliverables
- Identify and compile lists of media contacts
- Research topics and issues and analyze findings
- Identify relevant stakeholders and potential influencers
- Edit and proofread client deliverables
- Assist in the development of client proposals
- Develop monthly new business reports;
- Contribute to brainstorms and communications plans
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A demonstrated interest in communications, journalism or political science;
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment collaborating with a distributed team;
- Excellent written and oral communication and research skills;
- Entrepreneurial with strong critical thinking abilities;
- Organized and attentive to detail;
- Able to multi-task and approach assignments independently;
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Available to work 40 hours per week from your remote home office.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for five consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and competitive compensation.