Website City of Foster City
Now Hiring Summer Camp Staff!
Recreation Leader I/II/III
The City of Foster City is searching for talented, energetic, responsible individuals who are serious about having fun! If you can think on your feet and be a fun team player, this could be the position for you! As a Recreation Leader, you’ll be responsible for implementing quality youth and teen programs and providing a safe environment for our participants in a day camp setting. This is a part-time, seasonal, non-benefited position limited to 40 hours per week and 999 hours in a fiscal year.
Candidates must commit to working for the entire Summer (June – August). There will also be a mandatory training in early June for all new and returning staff. Work hours will vary between 7:45am – 6:00pm depending on the camp, Monday through Friday. No weekends shifts are available.
Summer Camps: Kamp Koala, Camp Outback, Camp Way Outback, Camp Breakaway.
- Recreation Leader I: $15.00 – $17.21
- Recreation Leader II: $16.07 – $18.44
- Recreation Leader III: $17.21 – 19.75
Important and Essential Responsibilities
- Must be at least 16 years of age to apply
- Supervise youth and teens in city programming, which may include after school programs, teen center, vacation and summer camps, and special events.
- Take initiative to plan, organize, and implement high activity games, program special events and daily schedules, and community events.
- Stay active and engaged with youth and teens.
- Act as a professional role model, mentor, and leader.
- Enforce guidelines and maintain a safe, clean, well-organized environment.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with youth, parent/guardians, staff, and community members.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and trainings.
- Work closely with external organizations and staff.
- May provide leadership to staff
Education and Training Guidelines:
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to qualify would be:
- Education: Completion of the tenth grade or equivalent.
- Experience: Volunteer or paid experience working with groups of children.
Ability to lift and move equipment (up to 25 lbs.); complete forms and reports; ability to set-up and coordinate activities; remain calm and use good judgment in difficult and emergency situations; work flexible hours. Physical strength and stamina will be required in some positions to perform demonstrations and leads activities.
Licenses, Certificates, Registration:
- Licenses: None
- Certificates: Must maintain a current CPR/AED and basic First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain within three months of employment.
How to Apply:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button
- This recruitment is open until filled, however, apply as soon as possible as the recruitment may close at any time.
- For further information, contact Dusty Landwehr, Recreation Coordinator, at 650.286.3387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit fostercity.org .