Website Cypress Lawn Memorial Park
Full Job Description
We are currently seeking full time flexible, dependable, and positive individuals to assist with duties at our FRONT DESK/RECEPTION AREA. This is an opportunity to be part of the Cypress Lawn Family and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services industry.
- Greet and receive client families and visitors of the funeral home and cemetery, maintaining a friendly, empathic attitude, while providing assistance and guidance.
- Receive incoming telephone calls and assist callers with any questions or comments in a polite and professional manner, with a goal to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations; direct calls to appropriate team members and resolve calls when possible.
- Provide information associated with services on schedule.
- Maintain a comfortable environment, providing beverages and other amenities for the client families as needed.
- Perform a variety of clerical and other tasks, as necessary.
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High level of integrity and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations; position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Professional communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to accurately take messages and information.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and work independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends.
- Excellent computer skills, and working knowledge of standard office equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Prior clerical and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Fluent in English; and Cantonese/Mandarin speaking strongly preferred.
We provide excellent benefits includes :
- Medical (with the choice of HMO or PPO plan), Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, and Long Term Care Insurance
- Paid Time Off include, vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401(K) retirement saving plan with employer contributions starting from 3%
- And other discretionary awards and recognitions
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Hours per week:
Typical end time:
Typical start time:
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
All customers are required to wear masks; all visitors and employees must have their temperature taken, hand sanitizer and mask will be provided upon request
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish or Chinese (Preferred)
Work Location: One location