Website San Mateo County Event Center
Full Job Description
HAVE SOME FUN AND EARN EXTRA MONEY AT
THE SAN MATEO COUNTY FAIR!!
The SAN MATEO COUNTY FAIR is accepting applications for the following position:
FAIR RECEPTIONIST ~ Seasonal
$20.00 per hour
This is a seasonal position that will begin in mid-May with full-time hours through mid-June.
Must have full availability to work full time hours and be available to work on the weekends of June 4-5 and June 11-12.
A second seasonal position will be offered for the dates of May 31-June 12.
Responsibilities will include:
- Answer extremely busy telephones and respond to routine inquiries regarding the San Mateo County Fair and Event Center events.
- Route and screen calls to appropriate staff members and take complete messages.
- Greet and assist all walk-in visitors and clients and notify appropriate staff member of their presence.
- Monitor and operate base radio to communicate with staff members.
- Perform general administrative and clerical tasks for several departments.
- Take telephone and walk in orders for advance fair ticket sales.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Must be dependable, punctual and have excellent customer service skills. Ability to multi-task including accomplishing administrative tasks while answering phones and greeting the public. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Requires being responsible and reliable to fulfill job obligations.