Website Poke House Palo Alto
Full Job Description
Poke House Team Member/Cashier/Food Assembly
The ideal Poke House candidate will:
- Be a reliable, energetic, and motivated individual
- Have a cheerful, friendly, and enthusiastic attitude and display a positive approach to all assignments
- Love to help and serve customers and possess exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Have the ability to maintain positive working relationships with all team members
- Have the ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Be able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment with changing customer volume levels
- Have the ability to speak clearly, listen attentively, and follow instructions
- Have a complete understanding of all Poke House rules and regulations
A typical day at Poke House:
- Greet all customers that enter the store. Create a genuine customer experience through a high level of attention and service.
- Assist in-house customers and complete customer orders efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Assist delivery drivers and complete online/mobile orders efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Complete and manage customer transactions using the Clover POS system. Collect cash or card payments. Issue receipts, refunds, and correct change as needed.
- Replenish Poke House products and supplies as needed. Assist in maintaining store visual objectives, housekeeping standards, and service line replenishment.
- Interact with team members at all levels of the company.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all Poke House menu items and enthusiastically recommend Poke House favorites.
- Answer customer questions, provide information, and resolve all inquiries.
- Clean and maintain all working areas (e.g. floors, dining room, service line, POS counter, restroom, kitchen, etc.). Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization at all times.
- Adhere to all sanitizing, food safety, and health procedures to limit the spread of germs and foodborne illness between team members and/or customers.
- Uphold the integrity of the food with brand standards, techniques, and adherence to local and state laws.
Core Responsibilities (Team Member/Cashier):
- Customer service, cashier
- Food assembly
- Cleaning, sanitizing
- Communication & teamwork
- Upholding current food, safety, and health standards
- At least 16 years of age (Team Member/Cashier)
- Be able to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location
- Food safety certification
- Open and flexible availability (variable hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed)
- Physical requirements: Long periods of standing, walking and lifting (up to 25 lbs)
Poke House Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling
- Discounted delicious food
- Full-time and part-time opportunities
- Medical and dental insurance (full-time only)
- We promote from within
- Safe and fun working environment
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.50 to $17.00 /hour
855 El Camino Real site 9 Palo Alto CA 94301
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.50 – $17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment