You and Farmstead
Farmstead is looking for a self-propelled, detail-oriented Pick & Pack Associate to join the Operations team. You are a high energy, always moving kind of person who likes to get things right. You appreciate a well-streamlined process and love flexing your organizational skills in the workplace. You have a keen understanding of what it takes to work in a successful operations role where orders must be fulfilled on-time and accurately: thoroughness, detail-orientation, commitment to work safety, and a passion for satisfying customers. Farmstead is a delivery-only grocer on a mission to make fresh, high-quality food accessible to everyone at the most affordable prices. We are reinventing grocery from the ground up, providing an alternative to the broken systems established by big supermarket chains. We bring a best-in-class grocery experience right to the customer’s doorstep, for the lowest prices, even in areas traditionally underserved by big grocers. Simply put: Farmstead is the future of grocery. We are in a period of rapid growth where things are moving insanely fast and everyone shares responsibility over the future of the company—you’ll be able to see your impact in real-time. That can be intimidating to a lot of people, but you’re one of the outliers who finds that kind of challenge exciting. In fact, you probably wouldn’t have it any other way.
What You Will Do
The Pick and Pack Associate is the heart of Farmstead, ensuring that customer orders are picked and packed accurately and on-time in our fulfillment centers. You are the last stop to ensure only the highest quality produce, dairy, meat, and grocery items arrive at their doorstep. Once packing is complete, you’ll stage each order for the delivery team. Farmstead customers rely on their orders from week to week, and for many, receiving that box of fresh groceries brings feelings of joy, relief, and inspiration. The Pick and Pack Associate has a critical role to play in promoting an exceptional customer experience.
- Picking and packing orders
- Re-stocking products in our fulfillment center
- Weighing and bagging produce
- Ensuring items are up to quality standards
- Maintaining a clean and safe work station
For this role, no prior experience is needed. However, there are several basic qualifications and character traits which will be necessary to succeed.
- Strong attention to detail
- Can-do attitude
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Sense of urgency—critical in a fast-paced work environment
- Basic computer/app proficiency
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- At least 18 years of age
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Pass a pre-employment background check* (country, state, national)
- Having a criminal record does not automatically disqualify you for employment if other criteria are met.
Benefits & Perks of working at Farmstead
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- PTO/Sick leave
- Holiday pay
- Monthly grocery credit
- Access to excess grocery items
- Locked-in schedule and route
- Clear pathways to career advancement, if desired
Mandatory: Masks and gloves must be used at all Farmstead facilities. Required to offer proof of an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19.
Book an interview here: https://drive.farmsteadapp.com/workinburlingame/