Website Walker Scout
Full Job Description
Seeking an incredible employee to join us at our award-winning doggy ranch!
The company: – Vicki’s Little Rascals
Since 2001, Vicki’s Little Rascals has had a mission to help the dogs of the Peninsula. Starting in 2015, the dog walking and dog sitting services expanded and now our signature service is a trip to our exclusive, private and secure Rascal Ranch. Five acres of doggy utopia. The ranch is designed for both dog and employee safety but it is also built for fun. It is a truly unique experience and we are now looking to build again on our amazing team. We revolutionized the dog walking industry with our ranch model and now we are looking to evolve and improve our services with the introduction of this new position.
- Outdoor Doggy Daycare Wrangler. This is a part-time position, 20-30 hours weekly Monday through Friday. The compensation for this role is $17 to 20 per hour depending on experience.
- In the morning and afternoon, you will be responsible for safely transporting up to 15 dogs in our company-provided van to and from our private ranch in Montara.
- Monitor and support your group of dogs as they enter, play, and exit the ranch.
- Assist the company when introducing new dogs to the ranch, including which zone they should play in based on breed, temperament, and energy level.
- Help the team monitor dogs for escalating behaviors while keeping both dogs and staff safe.
- Maintain the ranch space with fellow wranglers, ensuring a safe and fun space to work in.
- Provide additional support to dogs in a special zone that may need training or behavioral recommendations (this work will rely heavily on your previous experience working with dogs on a behavioral level).
- Assist other employees at the ranch as needed.
- Follow safety protocols and ensure all dogs are muzzled as needed, provided time-outs, and ask for assistance from management as needed.
- Assist the business with any marketing projects or other assigned tasks as needed.
- Learn and understand our client’s dogs and how we can best care for them
The ideal candidate:
- A motivated, patient, and enthusiastic candidate, who can provide our client’s dogs with the highest level of support and care possible by sharing their empathy, knowledge, and skills regarding dogs and their behavior. The candidate should have a strong understanding of the importance of safety, experience working independently, confidence driving in various weather conditions and traffic patterns, and can practice time management. Previous professional or volunteer experience with dogs is not a requirement but we would strongly prefer someone who is willing to learn some of the intricacies of dog behavior. One of the most important things about being a Wrangler is preventing a situation before it occurs. The candidate should enjoy working outdoors in a secure, private but rural setting, working as part of a team but equally comfortable working alone.
- Special consideration for candidates who have previously driven professionally with or without animals and for candidates who are available/interested in pet sitting at client’s homes (for additional earning opportunities).
- This is an excellent opportunity for people looking to grow their professional experience with dogs. We are an established business with an excellent reputation. You can grow your career with us but your time with the company will also be respected and appreciated by other businesses in the animal care industry. The candidate should have an innate desire to care for animals primarily by facilitating engaging, fun, monitored play at the ranch.
- You are consistently available to work Monday through Friday.
- Monday 10:30am – 2pm
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 9:30am/10am – 2pm/3pm
- Friday 10:30am – 230pm
- This general availability must remain constant for at least 12 months.
- The majority of tasks assigned will require you to walk or stand on your feet for several hours per day (outdoors in all types of weather), bend, stoop, squat, kneel, twist, walk up and down stairs; handle extra small and/or large dogs, and be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Comfortable monitoring and working with up to 15 dogs at a time
- Capable of driving a van with up to 15 dogs secured in the vehicle in all types of weather conditions and traffic. You must have a valid driver’s license when applying.
- Clients may request feedings and medications when picking up or dropping off their dogs.
- You may be exposed to solvents, disinfectants, sanitation chemicals, animal dander, saliva, urine, feces, animal teeth, and claws may contact hands, skin, and clothing
- You have previous customer service experience and are capable of communicating with clients, staff, and vendors in both written and spoken English
- You are capable of working with little supervision and are able to provide professional constructive feedback to our employees
- You have the patience and empathy to work with a variety of breeds, ages, and temperaments with some animals having special needs (medical and behavioral concerns)
- You must be 18 years or older and legally allowed to work in the US
- Are able to work at the ranch located in Montara, CA daily
The ranch is an amazing place to work!
From chauffeuring Rascals to the Ranch to photographing smiling pups, our Rascal Wranglers balance various responsibilities — all while enjoying the great outdoors every day.
We offer high salaries, on-the-job training, leadership opportunities, and team-building outings. But we think the best part of being a Wrangler is playing with sweet, fun-loving Rascals in “Doggy Disneyland” every day!