Website Mathnasium of Laurelwood
Full Job Description
Do you love teaching? Are you great at math? Then become a Mathnasium Math Instructor!
Mathnasium, the Math Learning Center, is now hiring for our San Mateo, location!
High school juniors and seniors, college students or recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: We do not hire for summer-only positions. Please do not apply if you can only work for the duration of the summer.
We teach math in a way that makes sense to students in 1st grade through High School. Join us for the opportunity to make a REAL difference in a child’s life by passing on a love for math! We offer part-time jobs with flexible scheduling and ongoing training opportunities. Advancement and leadership opportunities are available for top performers.Current Juniors or Seniors in High School, College Students and Graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Exceptional math skills through Algebra I and Geometry
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to professionally interact with students and parents
- Energetic and confident personality
- Ability to teach students in upper level high school math courses
- Previous teaching experience or other experience working with students (a plus but not necessary)
- We serve our students year-round, so this is an opportunity for regular part-time work. You must be available at least 2 days out of the 5 days that we are open.
Hours : 6 – 20 hours/week (flexible)
- Monday: 3pm – 7pm
- Tuesday: 3pm – 7pm
- Wednesday: 3pm – 7pm
- Thursday: 3pm – 7pm
- Saturday: 9am – 1pm
Hours are flexible based on your schedule.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.65 – $17.50 per hour
- Monday to Friday
We require everybody to wear a mask in the center. We have installed sneeze guards between students and tutors. We check everybody’s temperature and disinfect the center hourly and the restroom after each use.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- San Mateo, CA 94403 (Required)
- What city do you currently reside in?
- List the math classes that you have taken (Algebra 1 and up) and are comfortable teaching. (E.g. Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Multivariable Calculus, Differential Equations, etc.)
- Are you over the age of 18? NOTE: This question does not disqualify anyone as an applicant.
- What would you say are the most rewarding and the most challenging aspects of working with children?
- Why are you interested in working for Mathnasium?
- (1) What is your weekly availability? Our tutoring hours are Monday-Thursday 3-7 pm and Saturdays 9 am-1 pm Pacific Time. (2) How many days a week do you ideally want to work?
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place