Website City Of Pacifica
The City of Pacifica is a beautiful coastal community, just south of San Francisco with an exciting opportunity. We are currently hiring for Maintenance Assistants to join our team. Under general supervision, Maintenance Assistants perform unskilled/semi-skilled labor and maintenance work.
At the City of Pacifica, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. To us, equal opportunity employment is not just about compliance, it’s about who you are, how you can help our City and who you want to be. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and residents.
$19.00 – $23.00 per hour
This is a part-time, at-will, non-benefited position. Hours are limited to less than 1,000 hours per year.
BASIC EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform a variety of unskilled/semi-skilled maintenance or custodial duties involving manual labor of facilities, parks, storm drains, streets, etc.
- Clean and inspect facilities for vandalism or potential hazards.
- Sanitize surfaces, repair minor plumbing problems, diagnose basic sewer issues, replace components on fixtures.
- Maintain area(s) as assigned including parks and public buildings, performing basic repairs, inspections and landscaping.
- Load and unload supplies and materials.
- Assist with various areas of public works such as minor asphalt repairs, brush removal, facility repairs, stewardship of protected species, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Please refer to job description for additional information.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Class C California driver’s license at time of appointment.
- Experience performing labor or maintenance work is highly desirable.
Please refer to job description for additional requirements.
Sick leave is offered.
Interested candidates must submit a completed online employment application in CalOpp.org. Resumes in lieu of a completed application will not be accepted. Applications can be obtained online at https://www.calopps.org/city-of-pacifica.
Applicants will be assessed on the application submitted. Applicants may be screened to the most qualified and invited to the next step in the recruitment process which may include a virtual panel interview. The following information is provided for you to use as a reference and as a planning tool. Human Resources is unable to schedule make-up examinations.
After a mutual interest has been established, the final candidate must pass a City of Pacifica background check which includes but is not limited to the Department of Justice fingerprinting scan, pre-employment physical and more.
Human Resources has the right to revise this process as needed based on business needs.