The Vitamin Shoppe
Full Job Description
- Act as a direct support for your Management Team- executing with excellence.
- Achieve and exceed daily sales and productivity goals- while supporting others as they do the same.
- Work with integrity; act as Manager On Duty in absence of Store Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Efficiently process customer transactions, merchandise shelves and price products accordingly.
- Master product knowledge by participating in continuous learning activities.
- Collaborate with an amazing team of Health Enthusiasts (yeah, that’s what we call folks who work with us).
- Maintain regular store maintenance, follow loss prevention standards, ensure timely processing of receipts, keep shelves full and products priced accordingly.
- Be willing to perform additional duties as required.
- Enthusiasm and ability to effectively engage customers and Health Enthusiasts
- A passion for the health & wellness industry
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental, and vision coverages for full-time Health Enthusiasts
- “VS Thrive” Wellness program for full-time Health Enthusiasts covered under a medical plan with The Vitamin Shoppe —earn free gift cards on a quarterly basis!
- A competitive monthly bonus / incentive program
- A 401(k) Retirement Plan
- A generous Health Enthusiast discount
- Transportation/Commuter Benefits
- Nationwide gym and insurance discounts
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Tickets at Work/Working Advantage Program-Save money on hotels, movie tickets, Broadway and Vegas Shows, Theme Parks and much more!
- Paid time off
- Professional growth opportunities
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of experience/instruction
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (i.e. Holidays, weekends, locations) depending on business needs
Equal Opportunity Policy
The Vitamin Shoppe is an equal opportunity employer. We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, separation, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, access to facilities and programs, training and general treatment during employment.
We firmly believe that every Health Enthusiast has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is to maintain a satisfied and productive team of Health Enthusiasts. The keys to reaching that goal are effective leadership, equal application of fair human resources policies, competitive wages and benefits, and close attention to all health enthusiast matters. The Vitamin Shoppe is committed to the principle of fair and impartial treatment of our Health Enthusiasts.
Health Enthusiasts with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of their Human Resources representative. We will not allow any form of retaliation against Health Enthusiasts who raise issues of perceived discrimination in good faith. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers, violation of this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.