We believe that working at Goodwill is more than collecting a paycheck. We are a mission driven and diverse nonprofit organization that values safety, belonging and learning in the workplace. We invest in our employees through training and creating opportunities for advancement. Through a combination of on-the-job and skill-based training, you will have an opportunity to develop marketable skills that will serve you at Goodwill and beyond. Most importantly, we are in the business of people and believe people deserve second chances. Invest in yourself and a new, rewarding future. Apply for a position to join the Goodwill team today.
The Sales Key Holder provides excellent customer service, maintains a clean, safe and pleasant work environment, and implements the Company’s mission and goals while working in an accurate and efficient manner to reduce waste, improve sales and reduce expenses. The Sales Key Holder reports to the Store Manager.
- Participate in opportunities for continued training and development
- Model company policies, procedures and guidelines while working on assigned tasks
- Serve as a training resource to less experienced staff; exemplary in regard to quality of work
- Understand the requirements of opening and closing the store; ensures safety standards are enforced and maintained
- Support the team environment by actively participating is the effective merchandising of assigned areas
- Work to improve delivery of customer service in the store; improve processes and practices that will continually enhance the shopping experience
- Assist in the visual presentation of the store as directed, including window displays, rack signing and sizing and accessorizing
- Accurately perform the job functions of a retail cashier
- Perform other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of customer service experience to include at least 6 months of retail experience
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for an extended period
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Read and write English proficiently, or have enrolled in and are on track to successfully complete an approved ESL program
- Excellent interpersonal skills across a variety of mediums (in person, phone and electronic-based)
- Proficient mathematical skills
- Ability to work respectfully and cooperatively with diverse group of individuals from a variety of educational, social and economic backgrounds
- Respects and has knowledge of cultures, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientations and age groups other than one’s own, able to work effectively with all
- Follow and promote workplace quality and safety standards and contribute to a culture of safety
- Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Strive for high customer satisfaction, going out of the way to be helpful and pleasant
- Basic knowledge of salvage, recyclable, salable and store returns
- Ability to identify different categories of donated goods
- Available to work evening and weekend shifts
“Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
Benefits: 401(k), Dental insurance, Employee assistance program, Employee discount, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Paid time off, Retirement plan, Vision insurance
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Today, Goodwill San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin stands as the original social enterprise model with 20 popular retail locations, 26 donation sites and a thriving eCommerce shopping platform. A beloved and trusted community resource, Goodwill serves the region’s neediest neighborhoods by providing critical job training and support services that transform the lives of thousands of individuals and families through the power of work.