Website The Cats' Inn
Full Job Description
Seeking reliable Kennel Assistants who will cross-train to be a Groomer Assistant with a passion for caring for cats =^..^=
*Part-time (up to 25 hours) or Full-time (32+ hours) positions available* *UNQUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.*
- Kennel Assistants work anywhere between 4 to 8 hours a day depending on the shift.
- We are looking for responsible and friendly people that have morning availability (8 am to 5 pm). We take care of cats 365 days of the year even when we are closed to the public.
- You must be available to work most weekends and ALL holidays since this is our busiest times of the year.
- We are located in Belmont, California (in the Bay area). PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT WITHIN A 15 MILE RADIUS OF BELMONT IN THE BAY AREA.
Groomer Assistant Position:
- Work on getting everything prepared before the main groomer arrives.
- Bathe/wash all cats that are getting baths
- Blow-dry cats and brush out cats
- Clean before, during, and after all grooms are done
What you’ll love about us >
- We moved into a larger, brand new and super fun facility for both the cats and their care takers!
- Tips ~ Our clients show us their appreciation for all our attentiveness and that means you get plenty of extras on your paycheck average $2 to $3/hr more per hour.
- A supportive work environment with room to learn and grow. We recognize our successful Cat Care Assistants and give them opportunities to move into higher roles.
- Employee discounts on boarding, grooming and retail products.
- Available Morning and Mid-day shifts from 8:00 am to 5 pm. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE DURING THESE SHIFTS!
- Available to work 3 to 4 days a week. Holidays and Weekends are a requirement of everyone since these are our busiest times. We rotate shifts to give time off for all.
- Part time employees work up to 25 hours per week. Full time work up to 32+ hours per week.
- 95% of the job is cleaning after cats and we need individuals who are comfortable and willing to clean kitty rooms and suites.
- Have a very caring and patient attitude towards cats and people.
- Pay close attention to details and follow instructions well.
- Can lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs (some of those litter bags are heavy)!
- If you don’t have experience with animals, don’t worry! We are more than willing to train the right candidate.
- Most importantly you MUST LOVE cats and are not allergic *not even a little. You should like people too since you’ll be working within a team environment
Please indicate on your cover letter and application:
- If you are seeking part-time or full time?
- Your daytime, weekday and weekend availability for work hours? *PLEASE NOTE OUR BUSINESS HOUR REQUIREMENTS ABOVE.
Our compensation is competitive and our aggressive pay escalations are based on your work performance. Compensation includes hourly wages plus customer tips and company bonuses.
**References will be checked, we require 2 professional references including your last employer and 1 personal reference.
- Are you able to work in Belmont, CA 94002?
- Which shifts are you available to work?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
We are maintaining a clean environment at all times. We have hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks available for all of our employees.
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Preferred)
- One location
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place