Website Local Kitchens
Full Job Description
Join Local Kitchens as a Host / Greeter! We are hiring a Host / Greeter to work in our multi-brand delivery and pickup kitchen in Palo Alto. Your role is to greet delivery drivers and customers as they enter the store and help our guests have the best experience possible when they order. This is a great job to start your working career off. We’re a fast-moving team innovating in the food space!
– Greet and acknowledge every delivery driver and customer upon arrival
– Bag/expedite food
– Provide order status to delivery drivers and customers
– Communicate with kitchen staff and management
– Ensure all persons entering and around the store are wearing masks and social distancing
– $20+ per hour, including hourly tip share!
– 1 meal per shift
– Get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing company!
– Interact directly with the founders
– Massive growth potential
– Someone who LOVES talking to people
– Able to keep people calm while they’re hangry : )
– At least 16 years old
– Ability to communicate in English
– Ability to adapt and follow instructions
– Ability to interact productively with team members
Our mission is:
– Guests: we give guests access to high-quality food and treat them like they’re in our home
– Brands: we help local food entrepreneurs expand through delivery and takeout
– Employees: we provide an elite, fun, and respectful place to work
What consumers want has changed dramatically in the last few years – they want delivery and takeout! Restaurants have been built for dine-in, leaving them unprepared for massive delivery and takeout growth. Local Kitchens exists to give customers what they want and help local food entrepreneurs meet the customers’ needs. Our solution is to create a single kitchen with many brands, focused exclusively on delivery and takeout. We use technology to maintain high-quality food and to make every kitchen employee’s job more enjoyable. For more information about Local Kitchens, please visit our website at https://www.localkitchens.com/
Our founders, Jon, Jordan, and Andrew, started with a vision to bring high-quality food to customers with high-quality employees. From day 1, they have been committed to offering employees livable wages, room for growth, and a focus on personal development outside of work. Whether your path is to rise through Local Kitchens or somewhere else, we make it our focus to help you reach personal and professional goals.
Our goal as an employer is to create a respectful work environment with TONS of room for growth. We want to promote employees into Chefs, GMs, and corporate employees. We will do this in months rather than years – we move fast! We are looking for dedicated, reliable people who want to work hard and grow. If you can show up every day, work hard, and make customers happy, we will stay committed to you and your goals.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Referral program
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
We are taking full precautions in relation to COVID-19. Face masks are required while working.
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location