Job ID: 188432
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Intern/Trainee
Job Function: Internship
Position: Intern, Digital Strategy
Pay rate: $22/HR
Start Dates: May 24th or June 7th (10-week program)
At Sephora, we offer a wide range of internship opportunities across our business. As part of our Emerging Talent Program, our internships focus on providing an inclusive and comprehensive experience that equips young professionals with the tools needed in order to align their passions with their work.
2021 Summer interns will be eligible to apply for a fulltime position in our newly created Rotational Management Program launching mid-2022 designed to support a diverse talent pipeline and build our future inclusive leaders. Applicants will be offered a role in one of the three participating functions of Marketing, Merchandising, Inventory Management and work in each of these areas learning our core business processes and store operations. More information on the Program experience and application process will be available later this year.
Your role at Sephora:
As a Digital Strategy Intern, you will be contributing to strategic projects that shape the future of Sephora’s eCommerce business. Reporting to the Senior Director, Omni Experience, Digital Strategy & Partnerships, you will have the opportunity to interact with leaders across Sephora in cultivating the next big digital innovation for Sephora, as well as drive Sephora eCommerce’s strategic planning and budget process! This role spans the breadth of the digital business, providing a unique vantage point to understand eCommerce fundamentals and gain exposure to critical parts of the business. Depending on personal interest, this role can be structured to give insight and experience into strategic digital partnerships. In addition, you will:
- Drive strategic planning and budget process for Sephora eCommerce. Drive overall process and milestones, partnering with leadership and their teams on storytelling, content development, prioritization, and business cases for key strategic opportunity areas.
- Incubate new business initiatives. Identify untapped opportunities through client insights and data and build business cases and strategic/operational plans against these opportunities. Collaborate with functional and executive stakeholders to synthesize and communicate recommendations.
- Keep up with trends, competition, and innovation. Stay abreast of retail industry trends, technology developments and emerging business models relevant to Sephora’s future.
- Support key organizational activities. Coordinate and plan efforts for key organizational processes, meetings, and milestones. This includes potential workshops with partners and/or brands.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Prior experience / projects in strategic recommendations, building model cases and models, or similar analytical experiences
- Experience and/or strong interest and passion for the digital/retail space; understanding of the landscape, key drivers, retail fundamentals
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and organizational planning skills, ability to meet critical deadlines
- Self-starter and independent with willingness to “roll up your sleeves”; nimble and flexible
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and an expert in PowerPoint and Excel
You’ll love working here because:
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something beautiful.
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com