Full Job Description
Responsibilities of a Host:
- Greeting, seating, and escorting guests.
- Opens door for guests arriving and departing.
- Accommodates any special needs of guests, i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities.
- Process To-Go and Delivery Orders
- Manage Wait List when the restaurant is busy
- Providing menu recommendations and additional information.
- Upselling additional products when appropriate.
- Taking orders using software, order slips, or by memorization.
- Communicating order details to the kitchen staff.
- Delivering food and beverages in a timely fashion to outside guests.
- Delivering checks and collecting bill payments.
- Cleaning and maintaining the appearance of the restaurant
- Providing exceptional customer experience.
Host Job Requirements:
- Prior experience as a host is a plus.
- Must showcase teamwork and communication skills.
- Must be able to handle money transactions responsibly.
- Must be able to multitask and act quickly.
- Must be flexible and ready to work in shifts.
- Must be a team player.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Hours
- Extensive Training
- Real Advancement Opportunities
IHOP – IHOP 1719
510 El Camino Real, Belmont, CA 94002