Full Job Description
Since 1958, IHOP® has been the place where people connect over breakfast, enjoy study breaks, grab a bite before or after sporting events, and so much more. And no matter what menu items they order, there’s one ingredient that’s always constant — a smile. We’ve seen millions of smiles over the years in our restaurants, and now shared in photos across our social properties. In fact, smiles are so much a part of our culture that we changed our logo to include one.
This is just one of the many fun and exciting changes you can expect from IHOP®. Because we know the shortest distance between two people is a smile. –
As a Host or Hostess, you will be responsible for greeting guests and seating them promptly, cheerfully and courteously. Duties of this position include, seating guests, answering the phone, taking, entering and packaging To-Go orders. A qualified applicant must have good communication skills, able to lift 25-50 pounds, stand for up to 8 hours, occasionally use motion which entails pushing, pulling, stretching and continuous bilateral use of fingers and wrists. The above is not an all-inclusive job description.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Hours
- Extensive Training
- Real Advancement Opportunities
Host Job Requirements::
- Prior experience as a host is a plus.
- Must showcase teamwork and communication skills.
- Must be able to handle money transactions responsibly.
- Must be able to multitask and act quickly.
- Must be flexible and ready to work in shifts.
- Must be a team player.
Responsibilities of a Host::
- Greeting, seating, and escorting guests.
- Opens door for guests arriving and departing.
- Accommodates any special needs of guests, i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities.
- Process To-Go and Delivery Orders
- Manage Wait List when the restaurant is busy
- Providing menu recommendations and additional information.
- Upselling additional products when appropriate.
- Taking orders using software, order slips, or by memorization.
- Communicating order details to the kitchen staff.
- Delivering food and beverages in a timely fashion to outside guests.
- Delivering checks and collecting bill payments.
- Cleaning and maintaining the appearance of the restaurant
- Providing exceptional customer experience.