Website Pacific Catch, Inc
Full Job Description
We strongly believe that the success of our restaurants and brand is a direct result of the quality and dedication of our people, and we are committed to offering extraordinary opportunity for personal and professional growth, and a fun and inclusive work environment where people feel cared for and valued.
Pacific Catch, Inc. is currently seeking a Super Star Host. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our concept, hospitality and delivering exceptional service to our Guests. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful concept with enormous growth potential. If you are looking for a great working environment with a cohesive and fun team of people, then introduce yourself! We are looking forward to hearing from you! Join us at our San Mateo location!!!!
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school education required. Hospitality or other degrees are a plus.
- Minimum 1-year experience in the restaurant/customer service industry preferred.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to 5 hours in length.
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position. Hours may be different every week and schedules are not set or guaranteed
SKILLS AND KEY ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Ability to consistently maintain a positive, friendly attitude no matter the emotional state of self or the guest. Ability to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area.
- Ability to operate a POS system and Open Table Software.
- Energetic, outgoing, and naturally hospitable personality.
- Embraces all Pacific Catch’s Core Values, Hospitality Standards and Team Member Standards. Follows all Pacific Catch policies and standards, as described in the Pacific Catch Team Member Handbook.
- Presents positive first impression along with professional image. Impeccable, high personal standards for dress code and grooming.
- Ability to accurately handle cash and all financial transactions.
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to manage a heavy workload. Ability to prioritize well and remember all guest requests.
- Exceptionally reliable, responsible, honest, and focused on always supporting the team.
- Punctual, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. No history of attendance or reliability issues with former employers.
- Openness to constructive feedback and being coached/mentored.
- Per business needs, you may be asked to perform other related duties
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR HOST INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Be the face of Pacific Catch: introducing the menu, inviting the guests in, and helping them navigate ordering, making sure orders are fulfilled quickly and hospitably. Know the ingredients and components of our food and beverage items and know how to find this information.
- Due to changes in business needs you may be asked to perform different tasks within your department and your cooperation is highly appreciated.
- Follow all company safety guidelines to the highest level. Face masks and gloves to be always worn while working at any Pacific Catch, Inc. restaurant(s).
- Wash hands before and throughout shift, and always between prep items
- Inform Supervisors of any immediate symptoms if you are feeling ill.
- Keep the host/hostess area clean and well organized, maintaining supplies, notifying manager when supplies are low. Stock hand sanitizer, toothpicks, to-go menus, and business cards.
- Polite and prompt interaction with guests: greeting, explaining menu, proactively making specific suggestions for food and beverage, taking orders, processing sales and financial transactions, and managing guest issues.
- Maintain excellent personal grooming and hygiene (i.e., hair, facial hair, fingernails, etc.), and wear appropriate professional attire, and slip-resistant shoes.
- Complete assigned opening side work as described in Host Guide, and as directed by manager.
- Understand all aspects of Open Table including taking and confirming reservations and entering details about guest to enhance their dining experience at Pacific Catch. Keep the reservation book/Open Table up to date, note all required information when taking a reservation (e.g. special occasion, kids, covers, contact phone number, name, time)
- Receive and process phone-in and takeout orders. Up-sell whenever possible.
- Inform manager of special guest requests, large order requests, guest complaints and special questions, and emergency situations.
Maintaining our Team Members and Guests safety is of the upmost importance to Pacific Catch, Inc.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.62 per hour
- Employee discount
- Referral program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
We provide Personal Protective Equipment to all team members while on their shift. Your safety, as well our guests is of the upmost importance to us.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Mateo, CA 94401 (Preferred)
- Restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Work Location: One location