Website LGS Recreation (Los Gatos-Saratoga Community Education & Recreation)
Full Job Description
MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OLD AT TIME OF HIRE
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, this position will oversee proper use and program activity of facilities. The Gym Attendant ensures compliance of established rules and procedures for the use of the facilities. Provides customer service to registered participants, class instructors and the general public. Opens facilities for scheduled programs, performs set-ups/take-downs of basketball hoops, volleyball equipment and other set up equipment; and on occasion, operate light equipment (bleachers, facility control panels). The Gym Attendant may be required to perform light custodial tasks such as emptying trash containers, picking up litter, restroom check, sweeping floors and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
* A basic understanding of sports.
* An understanding and concern for safety in regard to facilities, equipment, rules, and procedures.
* Understanding of municipal recreation philosophy as it relates to sports.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Highly proficient in areas related to customer service.
* Able to work with minimal direction and supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintain an appropriate appearance for meeting with the public.
* Process paperwork accurately.
* Organize information and prepare facilities.
* Enforce all policies and procedures including safety related items.
* Perform all physical aspects of assigned duties including lifting, carrying and moving equipment.
* Communicate with supervisor regarding problems or concerns.
* Other related duties as required.
This part time position has flexible hours during the evenings on weekdays and weekends.
$12.62 – $16.10 per hour
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma / GED required plus two years of experience; college degree in related field with experience and/or training preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business manuals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the Gymnasium environment is usually moderate to loud.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
LGS Recreation follows all CDC requirements.
- One location